What's new
What's new

shizouka

pat pounden

Cast Iron
good morning-would anyone here be able to give some advice on the disassembly of the vari drive on the spindle of a shizouka-will definitely post a couple of pics,but starting here... ANY advice is welcome--the problem is to'split 'the sheaves off the shaft-there are plastic locks that i've broken to see what is there -there is a setscrew that moves but can't come out or go in deep enough to allow the pieces to slide apart...and thats about all i know so far!-thank you,pat

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 55
have you tried to remove the small socket head cap screws in that black coupling?. I believe if you can get that to separate, there may be 1 or 2 set screws keeping the hub from coming off. then your shives slide out.

Spray it with Kroil or WD 40, maybe acetone. I bought a double head drill press at auction with a tag that said (FROZEN DRIVES, DISPOSE). That is what I did as the drives were frozen because they were never moved to change speed. Once the solvent loosened them up all was OK.

have you tried to remove the small socket head cap screws in that black coupling?. I believe if you can get that to separate, there may be 1 or 2 set screws keeping the hub from coming off. then your shives slide out.

well,i think we are both talking about the allen set screw in the sliding sheave-and it moves,but won't go in or out completely!!

Back