What's new
What's new

Shizouka ANS spindle bearings

Is there a oil inlet? If you can't find one, the I would suspect it is greased. If you find oil cups on the head I would say yes. I just Googled Shizouka and found a number of folks that own them. Maybe try there and email them.

They are greased, not oiled. I replaced the bearings in mine back when I had it. Was about $500 in bearings and very straightforward to replace. I think it was the Kluber Isoflex NBU-15 I used.

There are oilers for the quill but nothing for the bearings. I guess I will leave them alone, I love this mill now that it is a manual machine again.

They are greased, not oiled. I replaced the bearings in mine back when I had it. Was about $500 in bearings and very straightforward to replace. I think it was the Kluber Isoflex NBU-15 I used.

if you are still on this site,i'd love to ask a ? about the spindle drive disassembly-can't split the two belt drive halves off the shaft-some kind of plastic locks....thanks ,pat

I don't recall a lot about that at the moment. I seem to recall that the drive is not reliant on the spindle for anything, you just drop the spindle out and the splines slide out.

I think there was a top bearing (which I replaced) and maybe a snap ring. I got a PDF of the stackup from Shizuoka years ago, I'll see if I can find the diagram.

I don't recall a lot about that at the moment. I seem to recall that the drive is not reliant on the spindle for anything, you just drop the spindle out and the splines slide out.

I think there was a top bearing (which I replaced) and maybe a snap ring. I got a PDF of the stackup from Shizuoka years ago, I'll see if I can find the diagram.

that would be great-and hopefully you will see my other post on here w/ the pic of the piece(s) i'm working on-thanks!!!-pat

Here's a Google Drive link to the PDF I received from Shizuoka Japan when I inquired about the spindle assembly:

AN-SW_sp.pdf - Google Drive

It's a little challenging to follow visually, but like I said, you just need to pull the Z axis drive yoke off the spindle and quill will drop right out.

i much appreciate that-but i am working on the vari drive sheaves ONLY-just to change out the 3 bearings -not touching the quill..... thanks from pat

i would also like some pointers on how to get this thread to 'new posts' in the general forum,to get more views obviously-i'm still baffled!thanks,pat

Pat just start a new thread of your own in the General section. Since you have posted on top of a 7year old thread moving it would not be useful. Good luck with your machine.

Charles

Back