What's new
What's new

Shoplink Flash - Dynapath, anyone using it?

bastarddsm

Aluminum
Anyone using one of these on a dynapath, delta 50 in particular? Anyone using one at all?

My vmc only has 192k of part program space, and I filled half that with a simple part that I tried hard to keep the program small.

I think I can get a 512K memory upgrade, but it's probably a bit out of my budget for the time being. I've also tinkered with adding a floppy and think it will work, but it looks like it just drip feeds off the floppy, and I don't know how keen I am on that.

I use one on a Delta 20. If you are asking about drip feeding from it, I tried it on a short program just to see if it worked and it worked. Have not used drip feeding on that machine beyond that.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering about. I drip fed a program off my laptop through a usb convertor and it worked, but it was small and quick running. I'm a bit nervous about a large program, mostly because I've never done it.

I believe the shoplink would be more reliable than a serial to usb converter, those are known to be flakey. If you haven't talked to Jerry at Highland, give him a call and ask about it, at the least you'll get an education on RS232 drip feeding, he's XX knowledgeable and helpful.

I’m using one on a delta 20. It works perfectly. Previously I had drip fed fairly large files (6-8 hours) from PC’s. The shop link is very easy to use and eliminates the need for a dedicated PC.

Jerry is excellent. Very sharp guy.
Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a machine with Delta 20 on it but I'm far from a pro on it. From what I've read you can cram a lot more programming into the tiny memory if you use the canned programs. Lots of people like them and use them at the control rather than drip feed.

I've been trying to get my machine to upload programs from a laptop and just can't seem to get it to completely communicate with the machine. I've tried different configurations on the cable and still nothing. Very frustrated with that machine right now.

Back