What's new
What's new

SIEMENS clock and counter, how do you do it?

ricardo_gt

Aluminum
Hi people!
I am continuing to learn siemens control and now I have new doubts:
1) How to see part time running? Is there any siemens command to do this?
At the photos you can see the green message from MSG command,and the next comand is something i was just experimenting. Can i do it from one similar command?Siemens.jpgsiemens_1.jpg
2) Can someone post a macro for siemens part counter, please? I tried to do it but the R values do not work well ... I do not know how to do it.
Thank you!
Best regards!

I haven't used the ISO side of the control enough to know what it takes to reach mine from that side.

Doo you have SHOPMILL?

Mine is available on the Shopmill side, but under a button that is likely built by the MTB as it lists the machine model in the button name (VMCII Data). It is a soft key along the bottom, but it is quite likely paid options. As you seem to have a very basic control, you may not have these options either.

And for the record, I'd rather have a Fanuc counter! The Siemens counter opperates like "Take it or leave it". You can't just input any value in either register that you want. :rolleyes5:

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Parts counter is pretty simple

Create a sub l700 (what mine is)

;part count sub
;r90 for parts desired and set r91 to 0
R91=r91+1
If r90 == r91 gotof jobcomplete
Gotof endcount
Jobcomplete:
Msg(“required parts reached”)
M0
Endcount:
M17

Then add l700 at the end of the program

I haven't used the ISO side of the control enough to know what it takes to reach mine from that side.

Doo you have SHOPMILL?

Mine is available on the Shopmill side, but under a button that is likely built by the MTB as it lists the machine model in the button name (VMCII Data). It is a soft key along the bottom, but it is quite likely paid options. As you seem to have a very basic control, you may not have these options either.

And for the record, I'd rather have a Fanuc counter! The Siemens counter opperates like "Take it or leave it". You can't just input any value in either register that you want. :rolleyes5:

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

On mine- it is the bottom soft key - 2nd from the right. And it can be found on the tool offset page - which I am guessing is that same page in either format? Not sure.

The name on the key is MTB designated, so I wouldn't know what to tell you to look for.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Parts counter is pretty simple

Create a sub l700 (what mine is)

;part count sub
;r90 for parts desired and set r91 to 0
R91=r91+1
If r90 == r91 gotof jobcomplete
Gotof endcount
Jobcomplete:
Msg(“required parts reached”)
M0
Endcount:
M17

Then add l700 at the end of the program

Thank you!

On mine- it is the bottom soft key - 2nd from the right. And it can be found on the tool offset page - which I am guessing is that same page in either format? Not sure.

The name on the key is MTB designated, so I wouldn't know what to tell you to look for.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks! I finnaly have found it lol

On 810 Shopturn running in Shopturn "mode"

To see the general time, put this line in the control
N145 MSG("TIME= "<<$A_HOUR<<":"<<$A_MINUTE)

Last line of the prog was this, which called the "stats" sub prog
N230 CALL "/_N_WKS_DIR/_N_TEMPLATES_WPD/_N_STATS_MPF";#SM;*RO*
F_END(0,1,5);*RO*

The "stats" sub prog was this
PROC STATS DISPLOF
N35 R5=$AC_CYCLE_TIME/60 ;MINUTES
N40 R1=TRUNC(R5) ;MINUTES
N45 R2=R5 MOD 1
N50 R2=TRUNC(R2*60) ;SECONDS
N55 R0=R0+1 ;PART COUNT
N20 MSG("PART COUNT= "<<R0<<" : CYCLE TIME= "<<R1<<" MINS "<<R2<<" SECS : TIME= "<<$A_HOUR<<":"<<$A_MINUTE)
M17

This worked on using the R Variables
R0 = Part Count
R1 = Cycle time in minutes
R2 = Cycle time in seconds
R5 = reference used for calculating the above

Awesome! Thank you!

So - did you find it, or you are able to roll your own with the macro help from these guys?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

So - did you find it, or you are able to roll your own with the macro help from these guys?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I had to move the machine from were it was at the shop... only next week i will be able to test the new knowledge!

Back