What's new
What's new

Siemens problem setting z wcs.

Pattnmaker

Stainless
We finally have our mill with a Siemens controller almost ready to go but we are having a problem setting the WCS. It`s an older 840D we are setting the x and y no problem but when we use scratch and enter 0 and input in z. The location is showing it as being at Z-.394 right after we supposedly zero it. We set all the G500s at 0 at MCS 000.

Any suggestions?

We currently have all the tool offsets set at 0 just to eliminate that from the equation.

your really close to 10mm(.394). is there some metric/inch conversion missing? and not clear on wcs. are you trying to set ref point positions?

On my 840D DMG DMC 103V I have to use tool 1 for setting the Z WCS. Using any other tool to set Z WCS creates a random Z offset. You can set the X and Y offsets using any tool pot. Also, when setting individual tool height, you need to 0 the tool offset and save it, then go to the main screen and enter the offset in Z into the tool offset. Otherwise youll chase your Z tool offset tail forever.

Thanks Mark we will have to try that. We got it to work with tool 0 setting off the nose but 1 will be much better. I got a Haimer delivered today. I will have to put it in tool 1 and some experimenting tomorrow and come up with the best way for us to set tool and wcs offsets using the Haimer and out touch off tool.

Back