What's new
What's new

Siemens Sinumerik 3M Machine data parameters help.

Deese

Aluminum
I have an 3m control that has a dead backup battery,I ordered the battery. I have never owned siemens control before.I have a floppy with files that look to be machine data,and parameters.I cant open those files with any program on a windows xp desktop I am using. I suppose I will be connecting that old pc to this control shortly. I also have one of those dnc boxes that I use to load programs into my fanuc control via rs232. I have read a couple posts that mention a procedure to load this data? I am reading through the manuals I have and some I got from siemens website but It isnt obvious to me how this is going to go yet. Any Siemens Gurus have any knowledge they want to share?

Striking out need some help.

I replaced the battery,reset the pc/plc now I have a green led near the stop/run swith but both red leds are lit on the other card now. I held the 6 and input keys with power on to load the basic machine data. I now have a control off button/light flashing on the operator panel. The screen has not changed from the green screen with lines.

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_181511.jpg
    IMG_20190510_181511.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20190510_181440.jpg
    IMG_20190510_181440.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 36

Back