Simodrive 210 Drive Tuning Procedure
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1212
    Likes (Received)
    257

    Default Simodrive 210 Drive Tuning Procedure

    [also posted in the Deckel sub-forum but trying to get more eyes on the post]

    Hi all,
    I am attempting to tune the Z-axis on the Hermle UWF851 after some work on the Siemens 6RB power supplies. The drive wouldn't enable and started throwing errors. After some troubleshooting, many of the capacitors needed replacing. The drive is now operational but during my troubleshooting I screwed with the tuning (and like an idiot forgot to measure the pots beforehand ) and the Z-axis is now rough when moving the table up.

    I've gotten the lag numbers down pretty low (+/-0.0002") at slow speeds but they increase (up to +/-0.010") when I speed up the motor. At this point I can't run the table up at full speed without the control throwing a "Measuring System Defective Z" error. Understandable as the movement is pretty rough. Moving the table down sounds great as the load is significantly less.


    Control: TNC 355
    Motors: Siemens 1HU DC Brushed Series
    Drive: Siemens 210 with 6RB modules (link to manual)
    Feedback: Tacho

    Adjustment Pots on each axis as labeled in manual (physical location on drive module from top to bottom):
    - offset
    - tacho-generator
    - Kp
    - Tn

    I'm looking for any info on the tuning process for these drives. It appears as though the TNC 355 commissioning doc wants the offset adjusted first which I will do now. After that, the lag can be adjusted with the tacho-generator pot (completed on all of the other axes successfully). Following those steps I have zero experience with the tuning procedure and looking for guidance.

    Thanks in advance for any feedback.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    604
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1212
    Likes (Received)
    257

    Default

    UPDATE:

    Swapping the Z-axis with the X-axis resulted in silky smooth Z-axis movement and rough X-axis movement. The Z-axis drive is still obviously not 100% and I'm looking into the individual components now with a curve tracer to track down the problem.

    I also decided to deliberately screw up the tuning of the Y-axis to see how the tuning would go on a known good drive. Took under a minute to tune it properly so no magic there. After I get the Z-axis up and running I'll do a separate post with the tuning procedure I used.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •