Simple Slot Survey - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the continued input on this seemingly-straight-forward feature! We've been using a trochoidal path but I was redesigning/rebuilding the fixture so I wanted to use it as an opportunity to review how to do it to make sure it is "up-to-date." I will continue to use the trochoidal path for a while to establish a baseline tool cost/life vs cycle time and go from there. Here is a video of the "unpolished" tool path (lots of air cutting, etc.) It's like S6500F185. I think the step over might be 7%. It's a four-flute 3/8" SGS. I wonder if the machine would be able to keep up with the resulting feed rate from more flutes Thank you, again!

Trochoidal Milling - YouTube

2. Likes BROTHERFRANK liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's cooking. I use the 5-Flute V-Carbs from SGS and love them. I've got some with hundreds of hours in the cut that won't die. I keep grabbing them back out of the "to be resharpened" bin and using them for roughing, then putting them back LOL.

With a 3/8" you should have plenty of clearance for adding another flute and still having great chip evacuation.

4. Likes Nerdlinger liked this post