What's new
What's new

Sinumerik 808D cycle84 help

BKF

Plastic
Hi all! I love this forum, and have finally official joined to get help for my specific problem. I appreciate any and all wisdom that can be offered!

My boss (who I call dad) bought a cnc mill that was a repo a local dealer was trying to unload. The price was good, but we're not familiar with the controller (seimens sinumerik 808d) and service hasn't been great.

So far for every job we've run we've used programs we have on our old fanuc mills, and everything has worked fine except the g84 tapping cycles.

The "cycle84" generated on the 808d makes sense, but isn't working. When the tap reaches the bottom of the hole (dry run), the spindle stops and the screen says "wait: exact stop not reached". After a second or two we get alarm 025080 axis sp positioning monitoring.

So far we haven't been able to get the spindle to reverse out of the hole. If I do straight tapping it goes to the bottom of the hole and stops. If I add chip breaking, it stops at the first reverse point and gives the same alarm every time.

Could we be making a mistake in our program? (I can post a sample program). Is there a possible parameter issue going on? Are there resources available that someone can direct me to?

I'm open to and grateful for any thoughts you all may have!

Thank you for responding, pcasanova.

I added your suggestion to my program, and when it got to I believe the line "spos[1]=0" it showed on the display "wait: exact stop not reached". However, the alarms never came up, which is different from what I experienced with the cycleG84, so I suppose that's progress?

The machine is a SMTCL brand vertical mill. It looks like it is a Chinese made machine, but I'm struggling to find much information. However, with the Seimens controller I feel like its something we should be able to make work. Could there possibly be some parameters that are not set correctly? If so, any suggestions as to which ones, or where I could look to find out?

try the cycle cycle840, its the floating holder tapping cycle. I'm thinking the machine
may not have came with rigid tapping, in this day and age it blows my mind it isn't.

try m19

and see if the spindle will index to a position

Back