What's new
What's new

And the "Slick but Awful" CNC video of the year award goes to...

That's a deal. Not only get a machine but music to go with it. Ox, with this you won't need those speakers perched on high. Wander what the selection is.

Tom

It was an okay video. I agree with wanting to hear the sound it makes. But it's obvious they hired someone not in the "know" to shoot it.

Vise handle on the way covers, and bad reflection when the camera pans over the Absolute Position screen---maybe want to recut that scene.

R

I wish my machines played music... mine just make noise. I think it would be possible to use one of the extra M codes on a relay to trigger my favorite music. Then when the music stopped I would be encouraged to get my lazy ass up and change a part. We should patent that :)

I wish my machines played music... mine just make noise. I think it would be possible to use one of the extra M codes on a relay to trigger my favorite music. Then when the music stopped I would be encouraged to get my lazy ass up and change a part. We should patent that :)

Those new Okumas use Windows you should be able to get an app that might do that for you1 :D

Charles

It was an okay video. I agree with wanting to hear the sound it makes. But it's obvious they hired someone not in the "know" to shoot it.
"ok" if you want only entertainment... but I would contend the video is pretty close to worthless if considering purchasing the machine...which after all was the supposed purpose of the video.

"ok" if you want only entertainment... but I would contend the video is pretty close to worthless if considering purchasing the machine...which after all was the supposed purpose of the video.

There are a lot of companies that the person writing the PO for the machine sits behind a desk and has little to no concept what that machine should, would, or could sound like. Catchy tunes and a "neat" video, might be good selling points.

It used to be the "game" was to see how well you hold a camera steady. Now the "in thing" seems to be, get into a drunken brawl, then turn the camera on. I about threw up from nausea trying to watch it.

Back