What's new
What's new

Slow feedrate when repostioning

nikoladbc

Plastic
Slow rapid speed when repositioning

I am doing some rough machining on Okuma Genos M560V, and machining goes well with all setted parameters, but when tools goes up to retract and to continue machining on new path, feedrate is to slow and machine vibrates, it feels like it moves in thousands of micro steps.... CAM software used is Mastercam 2020, but every parameters is well set.. also rapid retract is on... maybe the problem is in the some feedrate limit on the machine parameters?

Try cancelling any dynamic offsets after the initial retract and before the reposition, then calling them again after the rapids. On FANUC there is a parameter for how this is treated but obviously not on an OSP300.

Nice machine! Almost bought one.

Try cancelling any dynamic offsets after the initial retract and before the reposition, then calling them again after the rapids. On FANUC there is a parameter for how this is treated but obviously not on an OSP300.

Nice machine! Almost bought one.

Tried but the problem is same. Machine is beast...

Can you post a snippet of the affected G-code?

Regards.

Mike

The link is here: Easyupload.io - Upload files for free and transfer big files easily.

What are your Hi-Cut parameters set to? They are set way too tight.
Set it to around .002" and increase from there.

What are your Hi-Cut parameters set to? They are set way too tight.
Set it to around .002" and increase from there.

Well, tolerance is set to 0.01 mm, or in imperial 0.00039 and so on.... i will check it out, and see the difference... can you explain more about hi cut pro controller?

Hi-cut, its like setting the width of your lane when driving, it makes a difference at direction changes.
YouTube

Also, what the apps guy told me, to keep the retracts in G1 and change to full speed rather then G0, because the machine hesitates when changing from G1-G0.

Well, tolerance is set to 0.01 mm, or in imperial 0.00039 and so on.... i will check it out, and see the difference... can you explain more about hi cut pro controller?

The tolerance is the accuracy of how close the machine will try to hold the profile of your part.
Do you need a rounded corner held to .01mm? Or can a radius be held within .1mm? Big difference in machine motion.

Let's say you're making a 50mm square block with the corners sharp. If you're feeding really fast and you have the tolerance set to .01mm the corners will be sharp,but it will slow down in those corners to maintain that .01mm radius. If you change that tolerance to something big, like 3mm, then the machine will round the corners off to 3mm max and probably won't slow down in the corners at all.

Back