What's new
What's new

small"ish" cnc horizontal mill

roll maker

Aluminum
Are there any short run type horizontals out there? I see Fryer and ATRUMP at this time. Any others that are currently being manufactured?

We just installed a 300iG for low volume high variety type work. There are a couple of other Japanese machines out there in the 300 class (eg Enshu) but where we live the support has died. In the end for us it came down to this machine vs the 400 from Okuma as both would fit in the space available. We guessed the 300 would be a better size for our parts.

I’ve attached a tombstone design we have used on verticals. A few vise makers have these type trunnion setups stock. I think this came from Kurt Workholding. Runs on an a 30 taper S700X1, but it could work for any machine.

Matsuura has a 300 size horizontal as well.

Attachments

• C9EE94E6-766E-4303-A9DF-8B456F72A201.jpg
    C9EE94E6-766E-4303-A9DF-8B456F72A201.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 300
Thanks for the responses. At this time we don't need pallets, we need more use of the whole table and travel.

Most horizontals are pallet oriented. By design, these machines sacrifice work envelope for pallet changing flexibility. They're designed for smaller parts.

We've been working with a shop over the last few years who have a few dozen horizontal installations with hundreds of pallets. When they expanded to tackle fairly large, short run parts, they went for non-palletized Haas UMC750s.

Yeah, especially as he gave essentially the same reply, with "mills" replaced by "lathes" in another thread.

I am just trying to help people find machines. Sorry if I offended anyone on this thread at all. I am noticing it bothered people. Really wasn't my intention at all to look spammy.

I am just trying to help people find machines. Sorry if I offended anyone on this thread at all. I am noticing it bothered people. Really wasn't my intention at all to look spammy.
No your not, you're just pimping your wares, by spamming this thread. You did not in any way TRY to answer the op's question.

Back