What's new
What's new

Soft Limit Alarm Fanuc 10m

ncrouter

Plastic
I just wasn't sure where to post this info so hopefully you'll find it if you're looking for it.

With all the issues I've seen about soft limit alarms and how to clear them this is what I learned from an old tech friend of mine. And it worked for me.

On my old Kitamura MyCenter 1B with a 10m Fanuc Control, I have used this procedure to clear the register.

Machine over-travel will give you this alarm:
0T001 OT Soft Limit

So shut 'OFF' the Main Power on the machine

Then turn the Main Power back 'ON'

Then Press & Hold the 'decimal point' AND the 'minus' at the same time holding them while you turn 'ON' the CONTROL POWER. Then release the 'decimal and minus' buttons

You will get a list on the screen of 1-6
Choose 4 and press 'Input'

Then press 'N' (just 'N' DO NOT press Input, not not not)

Then press '6' 'Input'

This should clear out the register and you can 'Home' the machine

Hope this helps

This has been simplified on newer machines. We just have to move the tool in the other direction (permitted zone). Press RESET.

I think it depends on the builder.

My late 10M-D Mori just stops you from moving any further and lets you move back and hit reset.

If one of the hard overtravel switches is stuck it will be in E-stop until I disconnect the switch and jog it back though, but that only happened when I moved it.

ncrouter thank you for this! This confirms exactly what I have found in my General Numeric 10 manual.
I am getting a 0T001 alarm.
If i understand correctly, the above procedure will help reset the soft limit, but will I need to enter in a new limit? Any idea how this is done?

Maybe a better question is, if the above procedure allows the NC to ignore the soft OT limit so that the tool can go home, do I need to go back in and enter "Y" so that the OT limit is checked again once I have reached home position?

Last edited:

Back