What's new
What's new

Sokki DU811 Digital Readout

YTMezoan

Plastic
We have a drill that is hooked up to a Sokki DU811S digital readout. We would like to replace the digital readout because many of the segments on the display no longer light up. As the encoder still seems to work fine, though, we would like to replace our DRO with a drop-in replacement. We found a Sokki DU811M digital readout for sale. Could anyone tell me how these two models differ and if the M model could be used to replace the S model without needing to replace the encoder?

Thank you,

I was able to find a picture of the DU811M, and it looks like the port that connects the DRO to the scale unit has a cover screwed in over it (similar to the cover that exists over options that are not provided with our model, such as the RS-232C output connector that comes with the DU811-R unit). This being the case, it looks like the DU811M unit can only operate using a touch probe or switch box, not a scale unit.

I suppose that my next step would be to reach out to some of the repair shops that advertise that they can repair DU811 units to see what it would take to convert a DU811M unit to a DU811S unit. (Alternatively, we could just have them repair our DU811S unit, but as the machine is used in active production, I'm reluctant to take this part off, even though we have a dial indicator that we could use as a backup).

Back