What's new
What's new

FAGOR 8055T Progam Editing Help Needed

Beezer

Aluminum
Is anyone familiar with how to manually edit a program through the Fagor 8055T display?

We have a DTMG CKE6136i lathe at work, with this controller, and since the lathe only has a 4 position tool post, but I have custom gang tool blocks made to hold hold mulitple tools in one station. Due to the limit of tool holder space, sometimes I may have both a short and long tool in the same gang block. I want to be to edit the program so that it will use the long tool, then retract to a safe position and pause the cycle, so I can manually remove the long tool, then hit cycle start again to continue.

When I go into the part of the controller software that allows you to edit a program, the program does not look like standard Gcode. All the lines start with PCALL.

I do all the programming for this lathe, through the on screen intuitive programming, so using a CAM program is not an option at the moment.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Looks to me like you are using conversational programming rather than G-code. I have no idea how to work with conversational as I use G-code.

You need to download the 8055tc operators and self teach manuals. I suggest you go to the Fagor - Korea site. They have more manuals than the Spanish or US sites.

You will need to insert Gcode in between you conversational cycles. My memory is a bit fuzzy but if you press the ISO button twice, it will give you a screen you can put your manual code into, then you can insert it into your program just like you would a conversational cycle. Sorry if this doesn't quite make complete sense, i'm extremely tired, i will check the lathe at work tomorrow and try to post some pics.

Beezer

This is what I do to alter a program on a DMTG CKE 6180Z with 8055i B-T:

Starting on the position page:

1. Press SHIFT then the ESC key

2. Press EDIT which will be the F3 key

3. Scroll to the program and press ENTER key

4. Locate the block and press MODIFY which is the F2 key

5. Move cursor to what you need to change in this block and alter code

(Use the INS key to toggle between replace and insert of the characters)

6. Press the ENTER key once you have made your changes

Please note that I am self-taught on this control and I am still learning. This may not be the the best way to get it done but it works for me.

Hope this helps

How do you like the DMTG customer support?

Dave

Thanks Dave. I will give that a try.

I am pretty much self taught on this machine too.
I have been a manual machine operator the last 30+ years and never touched a CNC machine till my work picked up the
DMTG lathe and Monarch VMC-24, two years ago. There are some videos on youtube demonstrating the FAGOR 8055T controller, that were very helpful.

Have not had to deal with DMTG customer support yet. I am guessing it not very supportive???

Carl

Back