What's new
What's new

Source for backup batteries for 1980 Mori Seiki SL-2B lathe, Yasnac 2000G control?

Finegrain

Diamond
Hi guys,

I am having trouble finding backup batteries for my 1980 Mori Seiki SL-2B. The batteries themselves are Panasonic lithium BR-C and BR-2/3A, both 3V. The problem is the connectors.

This is how the batteries plug into the board:

View attachment 256885

Note that the active pins are not adjacent. I found battery/connector assemblies that have a 2-pin connector, but that won't work.

Thanks, and regards.

Mike

I do not recall the pin spacing (.1 or .156) Yaskawa uses, but one or the other of these should work if you wanted to make your own batteries.

3-PIN CONNECTOR W/HEADER, 0.1" | All Electronics Corp.
3-PIN CONNECTOR W/HEADER, 0.1" | All Electronics Corp.

I also don't remember for the 2000G, but the LX and MX controls had dual header pin connectors so you could plug in the new battery before removing the old one.

Thanks for the leads. My control does have double pin connectors, so you can plug in the new batteries before unplugging the old ones.

Hoping to find ready-to-go assemblies, to minimize the ways I can screw this up :willy_nilly: .

Regards.

Mike

^ Follow std practice and just check the pin out, pretty much all these connectors the pin - socket gets crimped onto a wire then slipped into the plastic housing, its not uncommon for em to be wrong from new! So always confirm. More than a few of the header style pin terminals can be easily plugged the wrong way around too by even a slightly determined person.

Back