What's new
What's new

Source for Precision Bushing

imachine909

Cast Iron
Hello All,

I am looking for a source for some precision bushing. We currently buy from Carr Lane and pay $5.15 each. Looking for something cheaper if possible.

Dimensions of what we currently buy
.750 OD +0/-.0005
.500 ID +.0005/0
.750 OAL +.001/-.001
These are steel bushings

Dimensions we could live with
.750 OD +0/-.001
.500 ID +.001/0
.750 OAL +.010/-.010

Might be worth posting in manufacturing resources. Someone may be able to make them cheaper than what you are buying them for.

Check with All American Bushing. I've used some of their stuff in the past.

If you use 1000 per month, has someone actually called Carr Lane and seen if you can get a better price?

Lastly, do these need to be hardened and ground?

At that quantity you should be able to get better pricing. That is unless they are hardened and ground, then it seems fair. I would contact my local fastener supplier(Packer Fastner) and give them all the details and let them hunt for me. Although I have validated my supplier as having good pricing. With a 6000 EAU, they should be more than happy to do the leg work for you.

DanielG I will contact All American Bushing thanks. As for contacting Car Lane yes I have tried to get them to get me better pricing.

They do not need to be ground or hardened but currently they are.

If they don't need to be hardened, you have a lot more options. There is less than 50 cents in material in one of these. Someone with a 20mm swiss should be able to spit them out really quickly, especially since your bore tolerance is opened up to a reamable number.

Buying in lots of 1000, this part should be cheaper than 4.60 if it's just turned. Especially if you can make it out of something easy to machine like 12L14.

Back