What's new
What's new

Source for a Willemin Spindle rebuild?

kram941

Plastic
Hey guys. Has anyone used a company to rebuild a Willemin spindle (30K RPM milling Spindle), besides Willemin themselves? We have a 408MT machine and are looking for options.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Last edited:
Given its the 30k integral motor spindle. That's a bag of worms. If you were down under I'd attempt it.

Its a bag of worms because you have to blow the stator off the spindle, to address the front bearings. Its an integral spindle motor.

Given it's such a rare machine. I'd doubt any one other then Willemin has done one. You could try Setco, but it would be a first for them.

Regards Phil.

Your location doesn't give us as the slightest clue as to which part of the U.S you are in?

I have this brother, that bothers the Micron run out god's. Don Whiteside in New York IndustrialSpindle.com He'd be up to it. I've put him on notice. And if he needed a second opinion, I'd be there for him.

Your in the order of Ceramic Hybrid bearings. They are all available.

Or send it down to me.

Regards Phil.

Don't know if these guys have done a Willemin, but I've used them since the mid-90s for a wide variety of spindles. Regular old cartridges, Integral motors up to 20K, Conversion to hybrid ceramic bearings for an RPM bump, Ceramic taper replacement, All went without a hitch.

http://www.cm-spindle.com/

Your location doesn't give us as the slightest clue as to which part of the U.S you are in?

I have this brother, that bothers the Micron run out god's. Don Whiteside in New York IndustrialSpindle.com He'd be up to it. I've put him on notice. And if he needed a second opinion, I'd be there for him.

Your in the order of Ceramic Hybrid bearings. They are all available.

Or send it down to me.

Regards Phil.

Thank you for the suggestions guys. We will look into these options.

Back