What's new
What's new

Speedio file copy error?

trochoidalpath

Cast Iron
I ran into something really weird on my Speedio trying to copy files around. Before I really lose myself in the manuals trying to figure it out....

I have a program on a USB stick, named O1234.NC. Insert USB stick, file is visible and all that. Press EDIT, External Program I/O, key in 1234, Input. No luck, throws a “transfer error.”

If I instead switch to the right side window, scroll down, select the program, then Input, the program copies over fine and I can run it like normal.

If I try and delete the program from the control, keying in 1234 then Delete throws an error “7544 required data not found.”

I must have screwed something up — any ideas?

When I get to the shop in a bit I'll make a list of keystrokes required to delete a program.
I'm using wifi to drag and drop most of the time. i remember there is a certain order of keystrokes to load from the USB stick. Once in a while I had problems with the stick. Since you can use the other method to load, I'm sure that's not the case here. The keystrokes required were not always completely intuitive for me, it was/easy to miss a soft key at times. If you run into an issue, check the soft keys at the bottom and see if you need another step there.
To be clear - the problem is you are loading a program, not copying within the control, right?

When I get to the shop in a bit I'll make a list of keystrokes required to delete a program.
I'm using wifi to drag and drop most of the time. i remember there is a certain order of keystrokes to load from the USB stick. Once in a while I had problems with the stick. Since you can use the other method to load, I'm sure that's not the case here. The keystrokes required were not always completely intuitive for me, it was/easy to miss a soft key at times. If you run into an issue, check the soft keys at the bottom and see if you need another step there.
To be clear - the problem is you are loading a program, not copying within the control, right?

Yeah, I ought to just use the network, since it's all set up and all. But here we are. :)

Right, I am copying a program from the USB stick into the control. This exact process used to work.... Alas, I have no idea if I changed some setting somewhere and that made it stop, or what -- it's been in this state for a while and I keep working around it.

Okay, just followed the menu, and it worked. I set the input to memory card. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to load. I made sure I was in the destination memory on the left side. I typed in the number, and pressed "input" and the transfer was instant.
No problem deleting either, so not sure what's going on.

Yeah, I ought to just use the network, since it's all set up and all. But here we are. :)

Right, I am copying a program from the USB stick into the control. This exact process used to work.... Alas, I have no idea if I changed some setting somewhere and that made it stop, or what -- it's been in this state for a while and I keep working around it.

There is a choice at the bottom of the program I/O screen that can cause issues. I don't remember what it says. It's on the F4 or F5 soft key, maybe on the second page of choices. I think it says All Files and the other choice is NC Files.

There is a choice at the bottom of the program I/O screen that can cause issues. I don't remember what it says. It's on the F4 or F5 soft key, maybe on the second page of choices. I think it says All Files and the other choice is NC Files.

Once I had forgotten to rename a file with the O and a number, and used the all files selection. I selected the file, and it asked me what number to give it, so that can work, at least under some conditions. If you want someone to find out how stuff doesn't work, I'm usually pretty good at that part.

Played around with that and a few of the suspicious-looking options in Params, no luck though :(

I shot you an email as well but posting here since there seems to be others with the same issue. Recreated this Transfer Error today to verify. Fix was simple on my end, hopefully your results are the same.

Edit > External Program I/O (F3) > Program (F1) > Right Arrows next to F7 (>>) > Display NC Exclusive Files (F5).

Typically when this happens F5 is set to Display All Files. It needs to be Display NC Exclusive Files. You can verify this by looking at the file/program column on the right of the screen (your usb files). Make sure this only shows the four digit program number and not the whole file name 01111.NC by pressing F5 to Display NC Exclusive files. With this selected you can now transfer by typing the program number only then pressing Input.

I will see if I can recreate the delete error as well. Haven’t seen this issue before.

I shot you an email as well but posting here since there seems to be others with the same issue. Recreated this Transfer Error today to verify. Fix was simple on my end, hopefully your results are the same.

Edit > External Program I/O (F3) > Program (F1) > Right Arrows next to F7 (>>) > Display NC Exclusive Files (F5).

Happy to confirm that this fixed it. Thanks for everyone's help!

Back