What's new

Spindle bearings

• Thread starter BobK1959
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1,844
B

BobK1959

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am in the process of replacing bearings in a Haas 50T 7.5K 45 tooth belt drivin Spindle out of a 09 Haas VF7/50. Just got done replacing Spindle bearings in our Toyoda FA-800 Horizontal. which was cool as heck doing so this Haas Spindle I thought would be a piece of cake. My problem with this one is can not get the 45 tooth belt pulley off the top. I do not want to damage it. if damaged and have to buy a new one I will not get core for this Spindle. So I am getting on this forum to see if any of you have replaced bearings in this same style Haas spindle and have had the opportunity to remove this and if so can throw some info my way on how its done. appreciate all input on my issue. thanks

There's a few videos on Youtube of guys DIYing bearing replacement on 40 taper Haas spindles, and a few good threads on this site (and others) on the same.

But I don't remember seeing anything on 50 taper bearing replacement. I suspect that like the 40, the 50 is a shrink fit for the pulley, and requires a lot of strong fixturing and hydraulic pressing to separate, perhaps with a little "blue-tipped wrench" assistance.

Do some searching on Youtube, and for Haas spindle bearing replacement on this site, go over them carefully, then re-write your questions and post them here. Make sure to take good pictures, they're very important for getting good answers.

I am trying to replace Spindle Bearings in a Haas 50T, 7.5K belt drivin spindle. I do not know how the 45 tooth belt pulley attaches to the top of Spindle. I have to get this off to remove the top bearing cap so spindle can be removed from the bottom. I do not want to ruin the part. Haas will not sell it by its self. only as a complete Spindle. I am asking if anyone has done this job or knows how to remove it

Thanks Milland, I already have seen them. They are not the same. I thought the same with the shrink fit but pulley is not solid. Tried to heat and had over 6000 psi on it without any luck. I do know the spindle shaft that comes out of the housing is bigger than the spindle shaft that comes out of the top.

This is new to me and thank you for the info on getting more response's

There's a couple Haas-familiar techs on the forum, you can try a new post with a better subject line like: "Need help removing drive pulley from Haas 50 taper spindle". The clearer and descriptive the thread title, the more likely you are to get useful help.

No need, I got it off without damage. Thanks for the input and the info on writing a post. I believe I will delete myself from this forum now. I did not realize that posts had to be properly written and punctuated for a guy to get a response. Not everyone has had the opportunity to learn how to write properly. Not shamed at all over that. enjoy your forum.

No need, I got it off without damage. Thanks for the input and the info on writing a post. I believe I will delete myself from this forum now. I did not realize that posts had to be properly written and punctuated for a guy to get a response. Not everyone has had the opportunity to learn how to write properly. Not shamed at all over that. enjoy your forum.

That's a shame. Should you happen to come back and read this, a guy able and prepared to rebuild his own spindles would likely make for a more valuable member than 75%+ of the people who DO post here.

I have no idea what the first responder was complaining about. Your post was perfectly legible.

You know when there is that old fella, who has seen and done it all, but it pricklier than a hedgehog?

That's this forum, its absolute gold dust, but you have to just swallow your pride, take a ribbing and hope.

In my opinion it is totally worth it, and there is no better repository of information for searching through.

So maybe, you could consider sharing what you do to get it off? That way the next joe who has to do the same job will find your post and not have to run the gauntlet on getting told off?

Just a thought - but I am pleased you got sorted :)

Seeing the first reply poster, who I presume could be American as he is located in America complain about the lack of paragraphs tickled me somewhat.

This forum is pretty good on the whole but over the years I've become quite used to Americans having absolutely no concept of what a paragraph is on other forums, I'd started to wonder if it was even taught in schools over there.

The OP seemed ok to me, I mean I was able to read it all without switching off. I've seen blocks of text four or five times as big without the use of a paragraph before, thread title could have been better for sure though.

Seeing the first reply poster, who I presume could be American as he is located in America complain about the lack of paragraphs tickled me somewhat.

This forum is pretty good on the whole but over the years I've become quite used to Americans having absolutely no concept of what a paragraph is on other forums, I'd started to wonder if it was even taught in schools over there.

The OP seemed ok to me, I mean I was able to read it all without switching off. I've seen blocks of text four or five times as big without the use of a paragraph before, thread title could have been better for sure though.

Evidently you fellers are much better than me at reading Gibberish. ;-)

Ed.

Last edited:

Back