What's new
What's new

Spindle Malfuction Itergrex 650HS

weller43

Plastic
randomly getting spindle malfunction alarm. connections are tight the only thing I can come up with is the cooling fan on the back of the main spindle motor blows some mist vapor on to the sensor??? or the plg sensor could be failing but with ever so random alarm I am stumped at this time. Any input will be appreciated.

That is essentially a newer model 5X VTL / HMC?
That looks like a nice machine.

What part of it was the trouble?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Flimsy milling spindle was the main trouble. Oil residue from the spindle collected in the head if run in the horizontal angle range for long which contaminated the PLG sensor. Lack of support did not help.

I can kind'a git it if they are just too busy, and the guy that has a 1985 50 taper Bridge Mill doesn't make the grade, but a brand new large 5x HMC with S2 (!) coming in at what? $800?, that doesn't make the grade to get service or return phone calls?

I understand that you are in the Yamazaki wastelands there, but still .....

:ack2:

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It worked pretty well as a VTL. We turned ~36" diameter Inconel castings on it with good results. Good tool life. For milling it would often not cut as well as the 40 taper Makinos in the next aisle.

Then there were the stupid things. Here's a good one. It used a laser tool measure/breakage system. Tool has to in A0 for that. When you called the breakage check code the X and Y would position over the laser. Then A would rotate to 0 and then it would move in Z looking for the tool. Any chips that had built up on the head would often fall off and trigger the laser inadvertently causing an alarm when actually the tool was fine.

Got to the sensor on Saturday and cleaned up the oil/coolant residue. so far no alarms. but it seems that the operator commonly gets the alarm when he is running a 1,100 lb flywheel???? bearing issue?

the 650hs was manufactured in 2005 as so now has a lot of hours. the issue was with the main spindle.

Back