What's new
What's new

Spindle rotates only clockwise (M3 works, but M4 does not work)

fadi_lona_20

Plastic
Dear guys,

I have a Fanuc turning machine, Oi mate TC.

The spindle rotates CW when I run S300 M3. But it does not rotate when I run S300 M4.
So the spindle only rotates clockwise and it does not rotate counter clockwise.
I checked the (M3 and M4) contactor. It works when running M3 and M4 but the motor only response to M3.

Any suggestions?

Check parameter 3706 bit 6(CWM) and bit 7(TCW). I think they should both be set to zero to run the spindle either direction. I used to have to set production lathes one direction, CW or sometimes CCW depending on tooling so it could never run the wrong direction. These were dedicated machines and tooling. Daryl

Both bits are already zero

Check parameter 3706 bit 6(CWM) and bit 7(TCW). I think they should both be set to zero to run the spindle either direction. I used to have to set production lathes one direction, CW or sometimes CCW depending on tooling so it could never run the wrong direction. These were dedicated machines and tooling. Daryl

I checked those two parameters. Bit 6 and bit 7, both are set to zero.

Any other suggestions to do ...

Did this just quit werking?
Or did you just get it?

Call Tennessee Industrial Electronics.

-----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Does the lathe use contactors for the spindle? Does the contactor pull in with the M4 command? Maybe a bad contactor or wiring or the output from the controller to the contactor is bad.

A typical machine trouble thread where the OP is asking for help and providing almost zero information for the folks he wants help from to work with.

For starters.....

Post what the machine is. Who built it and what model.
Post up some pics of the wiring diagram for spindle control.

Does the lathe use contactors for the spindle? Does the contactor pull in with the M4 command? Maybe a bad contactor or wiring or the output from the controller to the contactor is bad.

I would be very leary of taking M4 advise from this guy....

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back