What's new
What's new

sppeds and feeds recomendation for crazy drill flex line

Mike1974

Diamond
(Here's looking at you TeachMePlease)

Anyone using the crazydrill flex line at 50x diameters? I've reached out to the manufacturer, but in the mean time thought I would look for opinions/advice here. We are going to be drilling some holes at .012" diameter x .45-.47" deep. Any ideas on speeds/feeds/peck depths for this? 6061 aluminum, 12k rpm spindle, NO thru coolant... rapids turned down, etc... anything is appreciated

thanks in advance, Mike

(Here's looking at you TeachMePlease)

Anyone using the crazydrill flex line at 50x diameters? I've reached out to the manufacturer, but in the mean time thought I would look for opinions/advice here. We are going to be drilling some holes at .012" diameter x .45-.47" deep. Any ideas on speeds/feeds/peck depths for this? 6061 aluminum, 12k rpm spindle, NO thru coolant... rapids turned down, etc... anything is appreciated

thanks in advance, Mike

LOL I knew you'd be looking at me.

You get the coated or uncoated?

The uncoated cutting data is here: CrazyDrill Flex Steel 50xd, uncoated

The coated cutting data is here: CrazyDrill Flex Steel 50xd, coated

But it doesn't show up as a table in the webpage, you have to click the link for the .PDF version of the document and it will download.

Mikron is usually really close with their recommendations, you can run their drills HOT and they hold up. But if you take their Speed/Feed info and back off 10% or so, you should have a nice starting point that's still efficient.

For reference, their site says for cast aluminum alloy, with a drill smaller than .016"Ø you can run 16-131SFM with an initial peck of 7xD and followup pecks of 1xD, with a feed of .0016IPR.

BUT that's with through tool coolant.

So... If it was me, I'd be at 12K RPM (about 37.7 SFM), initial peck of 3xD, with each successive peck at 3/4 to 1 times D, at about .0007IPR.

That's just a guess though, because when I run these things I have 1000PSI through the tool, and it's in stainless or Ti.

Followed the link and it just shows me a "request for information" link. Which I have done, waiting on a response, thanks for the heads up though.

Followed the link and it just shows me a "request for information" link. Which I have done, waiting on a response, thanks for the heads up though.

Interesting, in Chrome, clicking those links takes me directly to the .012x50D crazy drill flex pages, one uncoated and one coated.

Try these, direct links to the .PDFs stored on those pages.

Coated: https://us.mikrontool.com/en/conten...razyDrill Flex Steel_coated_50xd_USA_temp.pdf

Uncoated: https://us.mikrontool.com/en/conten...a_CrazyDrill Flex Steel_uncoated_50xd_USA.pdf

Back