What's new
What's new

Starting the live tooling on my Nakamura tome with Fanuc 16-TT controller.

NASTYZEN

Plastic
Can't start the live tooling on my Nakamura tome with Fanuc 16-TT controller.

Hello guys. I am making head way with my first part on this machine.Finally.

I have been programing manually for the last ten years on Fanuc 21iT single spindle single turret .So I sorta know what I'm doing. But 2 spindles and 2 turrets with C and live tooling is all new to me.

I am making a mushroom type bushing that needs a small hole drilled off center in the head.
So far I have made the part in the left turret and have transferred to the right. So far so good.
But now I can't switch the live tool motor on with code. There is an M91 for the C axis on and M 41 off. But no M code for Live?
The book Tells me. Example
M98 P9000 ( sub program call for cf unit engaging)
T0505
G97S3500M03
And so on. Too which the controller goes into Alarm.
I tried the Sub program.
G28 110 M91
m27
g28 11-3.0 M28
M99
Same deal..
There is a M88 and 89 for milling with the main spindle on, and M90 to stop it.
What am I doing wrong here?? What does CF stand for? Sucks to be me!:nopity:

What model of nak? Sometimes right spindle codes add 400 to the standards. M441 and M491,. M488, M489 and M490

I have a book for a newer machine. It seems like M98P9000 does the same as M91, but is "To make more accurate C-axis positioning".

Try this:

M05
M91
G28H0
G00G40G98G97T0505M88S3500

If that doesn't work, what alarms are you getting?

Hello guys. I am making head way with my first part on this machine.Finally.

I have been programing manually for the last ten years on Fanuc 21iT single spindle single turret .So I sorta know what I'm doing. But 2 spindles and 2 turrets with C and live tooling is all new to me.

I am making a mushroom type bushing that needs a small hole drilled off center in the head.
So far I have made the part in the left turret and have transferred to the right. So far so good.
But now I can't switch the live tool motor on with code. There is an M91 for the C axis on and M 41 off. But no M code for Live?
The book Tells me. Example
M98 P9000 ( sub program call for cf unit engaging)
T0505
G97S3500M03
And so on. Too which the controller goes into Alarm.
I tried the Sub program.
G28 110 M91
m27
g28 11-3.0 M28
M99
Same deal..
There is a M88 and 89 for milling with the main spindle on, and M90 to stop it.
What am I doing wrong here?? What does CF stand for? Sucks to be me!:nopity:

do you have a jog button for the turret live spindles on and off? does that work? ie one upper and one lower?
have you tried to turn the spindle on in Jog? does it work.

your live tooling spindle should have a separate controller I think mounted on the cabinet. is there any error codes on that?

We have a Mori with a 16tt control.
Once you have engaged the C axis (On our machine M45), C axis spindle start is M13
If we try to start the spindle with M03 when the C axis is engaged then we get an alarm.
'Spindle start but machine not in turning mode'
You need to include the alarm code to get the best help.

We have a winner!!!
Wmpy your code works.It's alive! M88 and M89 rotation are reversed.We have live tooling rotation at last.
Ah man I am so relieved! I had a rough night pushing buttons in my sleep..
You guys ROCK! Thank you so much.
:bowdown:
Once I have machined this batch of bushings.(I think this was my last hurdle) The next ones need a square on the stem in the Z using the C. Basically turn down to .75" and then add four flats.62"x .62" x 1.16" deep on the part.
Does anyone have a code example for this kind of simple operation?

Back