What's new
What's new

Stuck ball lock

friesen

Cast Iron
Has anyone ever had a ball lock stick in the jig? I'm using carr lane CL-20-CLC-0.75 which basically works like jergens. CL-20-CLC-0.75 Carr Lock(R) Clamps | Carr Lane

Its slightly loose, but its like one of the balls went too deep. The operator said the lock screw went too deep.

I'm half afraid I'm going to have to grind the thing off.

Has anyone ever had a ball lock stick in the jig? I'm using carr lane CL-20-CLC-0.75 which basically works like jergens. CL-20-CLC-0.75 Carr Lock(R) Clamps | Carr Lane

Its slightly loose, but its like one of the balls went too deep. The operator said the lock screw went too deep.

I'm half afraid I'm going to have to grind the thing off.
This is exactly why we only use jergins.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have you had a bad experience with carr-lane in particular? They are made in the usa, I'm not aware that the design is much different.

Anyway, I pried it off without too much trouble. The deal was that one of the balls fell out, I suppose one of the lower outer ones, so then it wedged in funny when it got tightened down.

I have had this happen as well, but with Jergens. All I know to do is remove all the other pins, then sort of lift on one side of the plate and it forces the balls in. Not sure why it’s a problem with the one particular pin. It’s only maybe two years old.

Back