What's new
What's new

stuck Okuma Howa Millac 4va Fanuc11m HELP please

I was in a start up with the MDI, punched in "T04 M06" tool chain was in rotation when alarm sounded. Forgot to zero Z, hit reset to stop alarm, zeroed the X Y Z. Punched in "M06" ATC arm grabbed tool from spindle came down, rotated and then stuck it to the tool pot which was off from position, hit the stop while this was in process (I knew then I was in trouble and why, brain fart). So now what I have is the tool pot off clock wise about 1 inch, up because of frame guide but machine in vertical hold, I can't make it move with commands and the arm is down and rotated to put tool back in pot and I cant make it move with commands. I am stuck in 2 things at one time. I follow the chain of commands but hit a dead end all the time. I do not have an operations book for this machine (Like to buy one but can't find). This machine has been stuck for several weeks and I have tried everything I can think of and boy do I need parts from it now. Anyone know what to do??

You should remove both tools from the arm first by pushing down on the pins on top of the arm. Those pins will release the spring details that hold the tools in the arm. Then manually rotate the arm back to it's home position by turning the top of the motor. There is a diagnostic bit to show when the arm is home but I can't remember it, will have to look it up in a few. Then you will have to reset the Vigo drive. I am not understanding if your tool pot is up all the way. If it is up you might be able to jog the magazine back to a pot. Does your machine use a Vigo drive for the magazine?

I have pdf's for an electrical schematic for a Millac 4VA but it uses Fanuc 15M control and an Operations manual for a Millac 5VA with a Fanuc 6M. Maybe you can glean some useful info from them. PM me your email address if you want either.

At the bottom of the electrical manual it lists alarms and solutions/recovery. I changed a spindle power cable on a 6VA today and I am one tired guy right now. They are good old machines. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I removed both tools right away, I actually stopped it before it hit so the arm is all the way down and positioned under the spindle. Question, I don't know what a Vigo drive is but mine has a hydraulic orbit to a worm gear so I can not manually rotate, thought about putting a hand pump on the lines to turn it but think there must be an easier way. My tool pot is in the vertical position (machine will accept the M46) but won't go to the horizontal position by M45. I think because the magazine pin is out (accepts M44) I see the pin is off by an inch from the hole. It will pull the arm up if I switch the solenoid wires but won't rotate back to home. Now also because the machine has been off I can re- zero the X and Y but not the Z, just don't move but no alarm. Any ideas? And let me say "I really appreciate any and all help from you" "Thank You!" Scott

You have an ATC like the Millac 5VA. Send me your email address and I'll send you a manual that should help.

Daryl

I have a okuma howa 4va with a fanuc 15m, the problem was a bad RAM chip. I replaced the chip but lost all the machine parameters the machine came from a auction with out the paperwork. I am now between a rock and a hard place. Can you help us out? you will make a new best friend. Dan

OKUMA HOWA 4VA LOST ALL Parameters SN 2666 ALSO NEED HELP!

I would contact Okuma with the model and serial number and see if they have a backup for your machine.

I have a OKUMA HOWA 4VA with a fanuc 15 M-A, and it LOST ALL Parameters after the machine was moved to our new shop. SN 2666 ALSO NEED HELP!

I have pdf's for an electrical schematic for a Millac 4VA but it uses Fanuc 15M control and an Operations manual for a Millac 5VA with a Fanuc 6M. Maybe you can glean some useful info from them. PM me your email address if you want either.

At the bottom of the electrical manual it lists alarms and solutions/recovery. I changed a spindle power cable on a 6VA today and I am one tired guy right now. They are good old machines. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I would be interested the electrical schematic for a Millac 4VA. I have the fanuc 15m control. Dan

I have a okuma howa 4va with a fanuc 15m, the problem was a bad RAM chip. I replaced the chip but lost all the machine parameters the machine came from a auction with out the paperwork. I am now between a rock and a hard place. Can you help us out? you will make a new best friend. Dan

I am looking for machine parameters for my okuma howa 4va with the fanuc 15m control. I have the machine parameters back up but none of the data, timers or pmc. Can you help. Danny

Back