What's new
What's new

Suggested speed and feed app, calculator, website

cnczack

Aluminum
anyone have any suggestions for feed and speed calculators. im looking for one mainly for the mill, something that has a material removal rate or step over percentages as well. i made an account for Machining Advisor Pro but im struggling to figure out how to use it. that or some info may be hidden due to being on the office computer. also if theres one for lathe too id be open to it.

On the section that has HSM, does that take into account dynamic tool paths? also the chip thinning what does that mean in regards to when its selected?
Those both are related to Dynamic tool paths.

Chip Thinning box enables feedrate compensation.
And HSM box enables cutting speed compensation.

Usually you would want to turn them both On.

Those both are related to Dynamic tool paths.

Chip Thinning box enables feedrate compensation.
And HSM box enables cutting speed compensation.

Usually you would want to turn them both On.

Makes sense! One more follow up question.. if I have both on and it calculates my feed and speed for the toolpath would I want to make sure on Mastercam that RCTF is turned off so that it wont increase the feed rate even more?

Also just to review the app so far I really enjoy it! Ive been using the web app, but is there a google chrome app that can be downloaded or is the web version the best version on pc to use?

Makes sense! One more follow up question.. if I have both on and it calculates my feed and speed for the toolpath would I want to make sure on Mastercam that RCTF is turned off so that it wont increase the feed rate even more?
Yes the feed is already compensated. On MC, just make sure the programmed feed is the same. You can do it with RCTF enabled and by entering the chip thickness, or with RCTF off by entering the calculated feed rate. Just make sure the fees rate is OK

Also just to review the app so far I really enjoy it! Ive been using the web app, but is there a google chrome app that can be downloaded or is the web version the best version on pc to use?

There is only the web app at app.fswizard.com and the mobile apps for iOS and Android from stores

I use Armchair Machinist and I bet I am the only one who ever heard of it. I bought it off a co-worker who made it in 1988 and sold copies on 5 floppy discs for $35. It also has a trig feature for blending angles to radii and radii to radii. I use it quite frequently.

how accurate do you feel it is? i noticed on the fswizard its pretty close to what i usually calculate besides the speeds and feeds on the lathe

I've had good results with the numbers from HSM Advisor and from the Helical Machining Advisor; I use both. Sometimes they disagree a bit, but that's mostly a matter of trading tool life for speed.

I have used FSWizard a few times with good results, mainly for HSM-type machining. Slotting/finishing/etc. is pretty straightforward.

Recently the new programmer brought in GWizard and so far I'm pretty impressed with it, if you put good data in you actually get pretty good data out for roughing.

how accurate do you feel it is? i noticed on the fswizard its pretty close to what i usually calculate besides the speeds and feeds on the lathe

As long as you tell it your values accurately it's perfect. It's all math related (to put it mildly) and it does all the work for you.

Back