What's new
What's new

Super SLOWMOTION High-res machining video - So satisfying!

JKTech

Plastic
Hi all!

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm type of person that could watch machining videos all day long on Youtube. Recently I got chance to work with some mindblowing (and $$$) recording equipment that allowed me to take 4K/1000FPS and 1080p/2000FPS shots of macro-machining in my workshop!

I invite you to check it out and maybe share it among machinist friends. I also invite you to comment the video and express any idea for future filming :)

Click on picture above or link directly: YouTube

Enjoy it!

Best regards,
Jure Korber

Thats like any given monday for the gifted in us all. Get some slow motion crash videos for the masses. That would be spectacular. Take it with a grain of salt and keep your passion youngster

is that moving frame intentional? trying to emulate the trend of moving the frame around to create an illusion of a dynamic action going on?

would be much more interesting to try to see what is deflecting, especially in the chattery lathe shots, but this moving frame just makes me dizzy and annoyed

I was waiting for the plastic doll at the end, and a promo. That said "See even Barbie can make Metal parts".

Joking, it's an okay video. Next time try using some real Feeds. All that chatter was from trying to create a beautiful video chip. Don't placate us, we want 6's and 9's burning the lens of the camera.

R

QT: Hope your threads look better than theirs.
Good example of how material compresses into itself and finally achieves the pressure to penetrate the part with making chatter. I avoid the same with a 5* side cutting edge rake angle.

Good post, Thanks

I found the vid somewhat boring, but the digital technology is fascinating. In another life one of my jobs was high speed photography to diagnose what was going wrong in high speed machinery. The camera could shoot up to 12,000 frames per second using a rotating prism shutter, the downside was there are only so many frames on a roll of 16mm film. You can burn up a lot of film trying to catch a machine malfunction, easily 80+% of the film never got developed because you knew the event was not captured. I still have the camera, it is now just decoration.

Thank you for sharing.

Only thing I'd say, as I see this pretty much day in and day out, day after day, week in and week out...seeing a machine cutting at the wrong speeds and feed with low depths of cut creates a feeling anxiety.

As to seeing it in slow motion...when your used to traveling around the track at 120pmh (193kph) getting back onto public roads seems agonizingly slow, watching a video of a car going slow IN SLOW MOTION, lets say it creates tension of lets get going...Please. The other part of that..watching machining at higher speed makes average speed look like slow motion, so kinda seen it.
Now what would I like to see...Some real good cuts at the right speeds and feed that give nice cuts, tool deflection..maybe catch a tool breaking when pushed. Somenthing we cannot normally see.

In any case, thanks again...might churn up some interest and get others involved in this trade...while I have seen it, I am still amazed by how it all works.

Back