What's new
What's new

Supermax 60A startup questions

RClark13

Plastic
I have a few question about a YCM-VMC-60A milling machine. New to this machine, so if the questions seem remedial, I guess they are if you dont know the answers. I bought the machine without any manuals, US importer is sending me new copies.

1. I'm told the machine is phase sensitive (3 phase) I have it connected,(including air supply) and checked the spindle fan and it matches the arrow on the case, I'm told thats the way to verify it is phased properly. Is there any other way to determine this?

2. machine powers up, Fanuc OM controller powers up and seems to display properly. I can set machine to the manual (HNDL) mode and operate all three axis, tool index operates, but I cannot get the spindle to engage to test it, nor can I move the tool changer, would power phasing cause these controls to not work? If not, what am I missing to manually start the spindle and move the tools changer?

3. I set the machine control to home zero, then hit Z-, by mistake, instead of Z+. The spindle went - all the way to the safety switch and set a 531 Z- over travel alarm. The machine wouldn't manually go in the Z+ to back it out of the alarm, all controls were unresponsive to any inputs. I loosened the Z switch bracket and got the controls to return. I tested the Z- again and it goes all the way to the same alarm and controls stop responding. All other axis will go to over travel but will move back out of the condition just fine. Would this indicate a bad Z safety switch, or is there a parameter that needs to be adjusted?

I would appreciate any help to get this machine going.

Hello,

I also have a vmc60a.
Excuse me for my english, i’m french.

1) to be sure you have to buy rotophase
2)you have to go to Z home position to manipulate the tool changer
3)when you power up cnc, tape touch ´can’+ ´p’ Stay puch and power up. Go to home position.

Do you have manuals?

Olivier

I have a YCM V-116A (with an OM control) which is different but I bet by not much. The three phase connection is pahse sensitive, but does not effect machine controls at all. Some of the motors, like coolant pump, washdown, and the carrosel swing arm motor operate off just a contactor, so swapped phases just make them run in reverse. It should not effect your actual control or how the cnc part of the machine operates at all. Does the z axis home in the + direction? Do you have two limit switches, like a travel limit and an overtravel? It could be you are running past the first (failed or out of position) and the second does not allow backing off? On mine I can back off the switch and clear the alarm in all directions I believe.

Hello
I have a vmc 60-A and i have alarm 101 so i must delete all programs but i didnt have a backup for O9000 programs. Did you have this macro programs. My machine is with Fanuc 0m. Thanks in advance.

Christ... I just thoroughly answered an ancient post that got bumped by someone with a completely different problem who should have started new. Damn...

Back