What's new
What's new

supermax max-3

jrgp

Plastic
hello new here so i have a supermax max 3 with the fanuc o-m control i am having troubles with it had the 911 alarm witch is bad memory and the guy operating the machine at the time just shut it down and booted it back up (bad idea:mad5:) before calling me over there by the time i get there the screen is just lines and cant read anything check all fuses and eveything all good call fanuc tell me bad ram bord/memory bord try dumping the mem no luck there so pulled bored sent to get fixed put back in do the mem dump again on reboot up same crap screen just lines and crap so shop offices makes the call order bored for the screen get it and that still fixs nothing same crap funuc just wants to send someone to work on it boss dont want to pay for that lol
i have tryed changing the screen out with other machines with no luck there so its not the screen any one have any ideas ? i am lost on what else to check at the moment here is a pic of all i get on my screen

Attachments

• 20170712_130452.jpg
    20170712_130452.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 272
When you first turn the machine on do see any pages that are not jumbled?
If No, I would look at the video board.
When you say "dumping the mem" what procedure are you using?

thanks for the reply we put a new video bored in already with no change and no i dont see anything but the jumble and to dump the mem by pushing delete and reset keys on boot up plus have tryed a few others i have come across on some forum pages

no i cant do any thing but this is also because of the mem dump it will have no parameters in the machine i am guessing

Even if parameters are gone, you should see a screen at first. It reads some of the 1st data off an chip. Seems like main board is messing up the generation of video. What model of 0 is it. Look in your yellow manuals for boot system instructions. Most of them you hold down the to right most keys under the screen during power up.

Even if parameters are gone, you should see a screen at first. It reads some of the 1st data off an chip. Seems like main board is messing up the generation of video. What model of 0 is it. Look in your yellow manuals for boot system instructions. Most of them you hold down the to right most keys under the screen during power up.

it is an O-M control i will give that a try and let u know and will have a look in the book again for that also thanks

Hi i remember Vanc saying 911 alarms can be caused by low memory backup battery. I sure hope you have back up saved!!!

ya the battery's where good but since we also sent the ram/mem bord out for repair ya its all gone and did not really have a good back up for it this machine is Farley new to use so will be fun to put them all back in there lol

sorry it looks to be a C i am also seeing that the mcc is not pulling in the contactor on boot up either but still cant see anything on my screen i have tryed just helping and pushing the contactor in for to see if i could get the screen to work but nope no luck there

i am newer to dealing with the electronic side of the machines i have mostly just done all the mechanical side of it and basic electrical work on them for the last 18 years in this shop

its a OM-C by the looks of it i have notice the mcc is not pulling in the contactor just pushing it in to get things to go and there was no change i am newer to the electronic side of this i have always been on the mechanical side of things in this shop for the past 18 years i know most the basic stuff for electronics but ya thats about it

I hope you have better luck with YCM than i did! What year is the machine? I am guessing its a Supermax 3 Rebel? Depends on the year i maybe able to help you out.

I hope you have better luck with YCM than i did! What year is the machine? I am guessing its a Supermax 3 Rebel? Depends on the year i maybe able to help you out.

i have yet to find what year it is and i do think it is a supermax 3 rebel so the books say but the machice dose not i can find the serial number #509103 if that helps finding a date or not i dont know if not any where else i can find the date on the machine ?

i have yet to find what year it is and i do think it is a supermax 3 rebel so the books say but the machice dose not i can find the serial number #509103 if that helps finding a date or not i dont know if not any where else i can find the date on the machine ?

Their should be a sticker on the outside of the electrical cabinet, right near where the backup battery's are. If the machine has 40 20 20 travels it should be a rebel 3 the rebel 1 had less travels on XYZ. Maybe post a picture of the machine? I have a rebel 3 mine is a 2000 model year and a 20 tool change umbrella. This is all important to see if your machine will use the same parameters as my machine.

Check the inside of the electrical cabinet door, if you are lucky the Blue test record book, and Fanuc data sheets are there. If not check the Fanuc components in the electrical box.

well it looks like that machine would be a 1995 the travel limit's are
X 33.75
Y 17.34
Z 23.82
in witch i am being told by one of ower main operators that checked it last fall when we got the machine and wrote it down <wow> lol
it is also a 24 tool drum holder

hopping the up load of the pics worked as well

Attachments

• 20170719_132320.jpg
    20170719_132320.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 20170719_132331.jpg
    20170719_132331.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 132
  • 20170712_130452.jpg
    20170712_130452.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 128
As for year 95 is likely right and that is a rebel 3 my Y ,Y travels are the same but X on mine is 40 inches, I think if you could check it it maybe 40 to but you can't check it as of now and your tool changer is different and 24 tools and mine is 20 and umbrella style. So the tool change stuff is going to be different and the height parameters of where things happen is going to be different. Did YCM get back to you yet? I have good back ups for mine but you need to find a machine more like yours because it will just things worse if you install my data. I can give my copy's if you think you could use some of it and change what is needed, if I was you and YCM can't help I would check the machine out to make their is no copy's of data. Also try to get in touch where you bought it see if they have anything. Also look for machines the same for sale and ask if they would send you copy's if you pay them. I don't any other ways because if you can't get the data needed you may have a brick even if you fix the screen problem. PS I hope not!!

As for year 95 is likely right and that is a rebel 3 my Y ,Y travels are the same but X on mine is 40 inches, I think if you could check it it maybe 40 to but you can't check it as of now and your tool changer is different and 24 tools and mine is 20 and umbrella style. So the tool change stuff is going to be different and the height parameters of where things happen is going to be different. Did YCM get back to you yet? I have good back ups for mine but you need to find a machine more like yours because it will just things worse if you install my data.

i have not tryed talking to ycm as of yet evey place i have talked to just ends up wanting to send out a tech and there seams to be no rush any more on this machine to get it running again i just got to go play with it now and then when i got time from fixing all the other crap around here lol always a fun time around here <not> lol but i had talked to the shop we got this machine froms tech and he is leaning towards the main bored might be shot since i did the vid and mem boreds and had no changes

Back