What's new
What's new

Supermax rebel 1

Stevenhitt

Plastic
We put a new carousel on our supermax rebel 1 and now when we call for a tool change we get ( alarm message 1003 ATC POS LS45? )
The carousel will index smoothly around when you push the index button but that's all? Help

Whenever asking an alarm question on a CNC you need to list the brand and generation of controller.

These people are great to work with and should be able to help you. They sell and support the YCM line in New England and have never let us down. YCM is a fantastic machine, top quality and performance.

Tim Laflamme
General Manager
CNC Systems, Inc.
207-985-6503 x 107
207-985-4132 Fax
[email protected]

Good luck !

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

I'm far from a tech, but have had a few of these machines over the years.

I would guess based of my Rebel 1 machines the machine you have is most likely mid 90s somewhere.

The LS45 is limit switch 45, and on my 96' machine that is the limit switch that confirms the head of the machine is all the way at Z0 and in position for a tool change.

What year is the machine? like i said i've had a few of these over the years and have a bunch of manuals for different years.

Once in a while these switches get gummed up, need cleaning, and need a P/Cancel on boot-up to reset the soft limits. It's come to be known as the "P-Can-Sam" in our shop.

I have a rebel 4. I could give you specifics when I am around the manuals, but does this use the swing arm on a gearmotor to move the carousel under the head of the machine? Check the switches that indicate the carousel has reached full travel. The ATC POS error points me to one of the LS specific to carousel position. Another thing, push the carousel all the way back so it closes the retract home switch. It won't even try to move the carousel if it is not in the back home position. I bet your switches are going to need adjusting after messing with the carousel. I would start with them adjusted in rather than too far out. Its closure of the LS that stops the rotation of the swing arm and gearmotor so its better to have it stop short and go from there than not make contact and have the motor stalled at end of travel.

Back