Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IIRC, Perry promised photos of the packed shipping containers. At least ask to see those. Ask for a bill of lading.

It's a little too convenient that October was his last month in CA, and he waited until November 1 to tell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how much what Perry posts is true and how much is nothing but lies to cover his failures? He has claimed to have his location in the Port of Los Angeles and then other times claimed to be in the Port of Long Beach, those are two different locations. He has also claimed those locations are just as cheap to rent shop space in as 60 miles inland, that is another lie. He has also claimed to have paid 3x the rate for electricity as the rates posted on the website of the power provider where he claims to have his shop, which is another lie. The guy is a perpetual liar, plain and simple. He has squandered close to at least $200k of other people's money that we know of and maybe a lot more and blames everyone but himself. Stop sending this con man money, let him lie in the grave he has dug for himself.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dualkit,

I haven't lied to anyone here. I don't believe I ever said that the shop was *in* the port, but rather near it; I was not sure exactly where the zoning starts and ends but my shop was a few minutes walk from both the port of Long Beach and the port of Los Angeles (they are right next to each other), and the whole Long Beach / Wilmington area is just a mess of refineries, truck yards, scrap yards, and other industrial stuff. There's really no border or boundary in the area. My rent was on par with, but slightly lower than, the majority of similar units in the LA basin and Orange county. Electric rates were excessively high and the bills I got every month were multiples of what LADWP claims on their website. Most months electricity came out to just under 50 cents per kilowatt hour averaged, but I did get one bill where it averaged 78 cents per kWh. Given California's terrible record with utility scams (and recently the blackouts), it shouldn't surprise anyone that electricity is massively overpriced there.

It seems some of the people posting here are doubtful that I ever had the shop, or ever even made anything at all. I attached pictures of some of the parts and pallets full of parts here.

crates-door.jpg
    z-bars-boxes.jpg
    faceplates.jpg
    z-bars-pallet.jpg
    z-bars-small-parts.jpg

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamingelvis View Post
    Well, funny how I can't find this in Kickstarter right now, cause I definitely remember seeing the post:

I am that backer who made the original post. This comment quoted by Dualkit can not retrieved from Kickstarter right now. Possibly it has been deleted by Kickstarter. Thanks for preserving the record independently.

This is the response I received from Perry Campbell on Nov 1:

I am now deciding on how to respond and which action is most beneficial. Frankly if the guy shows me, in person, a workable machine produced in his shop in Long Beach I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to prejudice the situation so I won't materially comment or respond any further.
    Welcome to the forum.
    If and i realise that's a huge IF, you ever get one of these machines, please let us know how it goes as it's an interesting concept.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    I attached pictures of some of the parts and pallets full of parts here.
    Golf claps in your general direction. I hope you actually get one built and running so we can hear how it performs. I was shocked to learn you bailed out of a EE program to do this and that you were EE not ME, but good luck to you. I hope you finish your degree at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    Dualkit,

I haven't lied to anyone here. I don't believe I ever said that the shop was *in* the port, but rather near it; I was not sure exactly where the zoning starts and ends but my shop was a few minutes walk from both the port of Long Beach and the port of Los Angeles (they are right next to each other), and the whole Long Beach / Wilmington area is just a mess of refineries, truck yards, scrap yards, and other industrial stuff. There's really no border or boundary in the area. My rent was on par with, but slightly lower than, the majority of similar units in the LA basin and Orange county. Electric rates were excessively high and the bills I got every month were multiples of what LADWP claims on their website. Most months electricity came out to just under 50 cents per kilowatt hour averaged, but I did get one bill where it averaged 78 cents per kWh. Given California's terrible record with utility scams (and recently the blackouts), it shouldn't surprise anyone that electricity is massively overpriced there.

It seems some of the people posting here are doubtful that I ever had the shop, or ever even made anything at all. I attached pictures of some of the parts and pallets full of parts here.

crates-door.jpg
    z-bars-boxes.jpg
    faceplates.jpg
    z-bars-pallet.jpg
    z-bars-small-parts.jpg
    The fact you keep repeating your lies does not make them true. You claimed your rent was the same as a shop in the Inland Empire or did you forget saying that? Liars have to have good memories, and you don't. So you are claiming the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power lies about their rates on their website, but you are truthful. Why aren't you on Kickstarter giving updates to the people whose almost $200k you burnt without even delivering one machine? Your pictures impress no one but yourself. Are you proud that is what you have to show for almost $200K of other people's money?

7. Likes g-coder05 liked this post