SwissMak Anyone Know What Happened - Page 23
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 755
  1. #441
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    4,956
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    887
    Likes (Received)
    2072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Hell, I can do that all on my own (My governing board is filled with the voices in my head). But I'm more of a Mountain Dew guy than Coke.

    That is what you meant, right?
    Mountain Dew and strippers seems like a bad combo, but what do i know.

    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

  2. Likes DanASM, TeachMePlease liked this post
  3. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    570
    Likes (Received)
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    Mountain Dew and strippers seems like a bad combo, but what do i know.

    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Don't knock it till ya try it SwissMak Anyone Know What Happened

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  4. Likes DanASM liked this post
  5. #443
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default

    As9100d,

    I don't remember ever seeing your message, did you send it as a PM on this forum? I went to my inbox just now and I just see a little blank page icon like there's an area of the browser that's supposed to display content but isn't. I know it used to work because I have used it in the past and met up with a couple members of this forum in the real world, but that was more than a year ago. If I had seen your offer, I would have taken you up on it in a heartbeat, probably would have moved to Arkansas and rented a shop down the road from you! I don't drink so a dry county is no problem for me. In the future, after we actually start shipping machines, we want to have operations in the US. I discussed this with the investor group last year.

    GCoder,

    No, that's not the guy I hired. Also, it really seems like you have made some posts that are veiled death threats to me. Not just your recent one, but earlier posts as well; you mentioned that you visit Taichung every few weeks, you know everyone here, stuff about life being cheap here and people disappearing. Your most recent post makes me think you're telling your friends here that I'm saying bad things about them; I have not said anything bad about any businesses or people in Taiwan, and I didn't blame Chinese people for not being able to sell aluminum here. I don't know what you're telling these people to make them mad at me, you said

    "I sent a link to this to some of my buddies at Chong Teng and AllJack and you blaming Chinese for your problems has really pissed off several people in Taichung. I warned you before you came here that if you shamed or defaced these people you could disappear. Taiwanese/Chinese don't like Americans in general, Much less one making them look bad. "


    That, combined with you owning a full auto MP5 in a country where gun ownership is illegal makes me seriously think you might actually try something if you come here. So in case you're thinking that, please, DO NOT show up to our office or factory in Taichung once Taiwan lifts it's virus related travel ban. As a precaution I downloaded your Facebook photo of you at the gun range in the north part of the Phillipines, shouldering your MP5 while wearing sunglasses. If you actually do show up here at our factory or office address, I will recognize you immediately.

    Everyone else on this forum is fine. I can take criticism and I'm here to discuss the project, but death threats are a step too far. I hope everyone else here agrees on that.

    I still intend to finish and ship the Kickstarter machines from our new factory, I haven't lied about anything. I should remind you that I have not taken a salary, or asked for more money from the Kickstarter backers, nor have I listed any products for sale. And I don't intend to until we have machines ready to ship.

  6. Likes as9100d, Ox liked this post
  7. #444
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    570
    Likes (Received)
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    As9100d,

    I don't remember ever seeing your message, did you send it as a PM on this forum? I went to my inbox just now and I just see a little blank page icon like there's an area of the browser that's supposed to display content but isn't. I know it used to work because I have used it in the past and met up with a couple members of this forum in the real world, but that was more than a year ago. If I had seen your offer, I would have taken you up on it in a heartbeat, probably would have moved to Arkansas and rented a shop down the road from you! I don't drink so a dry county is no problem for me. In the future, after we actually start shipping machines, we want to have operations in the US. I discussed this with the investor group last year.

    GCoder,

    No, that's not the guy I hired. Also, it really seems like you have made some posts that are veiled death threats to me. Not just your recent one, but earlier posts as well; you mentioned that you visit Taichung every few weeks, you know everyone here, stuff about life being cheap here and people disappearing. Your most recent post makes me think you're telling your friends here that I'm saying bad things about them; I have not said anything bad about any businesses or people in Taiwan, and I didn't blame Chinese people for not being able to sell aluminum here. I don't know what you're telling these people to make them mad at me, you said

    "I sent a link to this to some of my buddies at Chong Teng and AllJack and you blaming Chinese for your problems has really pissed off several people in Taichung. I warned you before you came here that if you shamed or defaced these people you could disappear. Taiwanese/Chinese don't like Americans in general, Much less one making them look bad. "


    That, combined with you owning a full auto MP5 in a country where gun ownership is illegal makes me seriously think you might actually try something if you come here. So in case you're thinking that, please, DO NOT show up to our office or factory in Taichung once Taiwan lifts it's virus related travel ban. As a precaution I downloaded your Facebook photo of you at the gun range in the north part of the Phillipines, shouldering your MP5 while wearing sunglasses. If you actually do show up here at our factory or office address, I will recognize you immediately.

    Everyone else on this forum is fine. I can take criticism and I'm here to discuss the project, but death threats are a step too far. I hope everyone else here agrees on that.

    I still intend to finish and ship the Kickstarter machines from our new factory, I haven't lied about anything. I should remind you that I have not taken a salary, or asked for more money from the Kickstarter backers, nor have I listed any products for sale. And I don't intend to until we have machines ready to ship.
    You would have loved it here in Arkansas.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  8. Likes DanASM liked this post
  9. #445
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    9,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2199
    Likes (Received)
    6435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    Everyone else on this forum is fine. I can take criticism and I'm here to discuss the project, but death threats are a step too far. I hope everyone else here agrees on that.
    They're not "death threats" from him, they're warnings that you don't understand some aspects of the new cultures you're dealing with, and potential repercussions of your statements.

    The MP5 is for cleaning up Murder Hornets and cockroaches, those suckers laugh off anything weaker than 9 x 19's.


    I still intend to finish and ship the Kickstarter machines from our new factory, I haven't lied about anything. I should remind you that I have not taken a salary, or asked for more money from the Kickstarter backers, nor have I listed any products for sale. And I don't intend to until we have machines ready to ship.
    OK, let's say that you're playing straight with us. It's past time that you presented some pictorial proof that your statements have any bearing with reality. So what you should do, by Monday at the latest is:

    1) Pictures of the new setup in Taiwan, along with the WIP and old stock. Not anonymous boxes or obvious generic shop/warehouse images (easily found with reverse image search).

    2) Pics from YOUR computer screen of the design for the new machines, or better still, pictures of the new molds and cores in progress. You're welcome to obscure some features or turn off dimensions in the image, but if you can't present them as (non pulled from the Web) shots by Monday then we know this has turned to Bullshit. A partial BOM too.

    I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, but I've never made them front page fodder on Google AND then doubled-down. We need pictures, clear proof of what you're saying. Otherwise, go away. And check out this Wiki page: Factitious disorder imposed on self - Wikipedia

  10. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    1050

    Default

    GCoder,

    No, that's not the guy I hired. Also, it really seems like you have made some posts that are veiled death threats to me. Not just your recent one, but earlier posts as well; you mentioned that you visit Taichung every few weeks, you know everyone here, stuff about life being cheap here and people disappearing. Your most recent post makes me think you're telling your friends here that I'm saying bad things about them; I have not said anything bad about any businesses or people in Taiwan, and I didn't blame Chinese people for not being able to sell aluminum here. I don't know what you're telling these people to make them mad at me, you said

    "I sent a link to this to some of my buddies at Chong Teng and AllJack and you blaming Chinese for your problems has really pissed off several people in Taichung. I warned you before you came here that if you shamed or defaced these people you could disappear. Taiwanese/Chinese don't like Americans in general, Much less one making them look bad. "

    That, combined with you owning a full auto MP5 in a country where gun ownership is illegal makes me seriously think you might actually try something if you come here. So in case you're thinking that, please, DO NOT show up to our office or factory in Taichung once Taiwan lifts it's virus related travel ban. As a precaution I downloaded your Facebook photo of you at the gun range in the north part of the Phillipines, shouldering your MP5 while wearing sunglasses. If you actually do show up here at our factory or office address, I will recognize you immediately.
    First, I made no threat at all. I simply tried to give you some advice to keep you alive over here. You chose to ignore it just as you have most everyone else's advice on here. Personally I really dont give a shit now what happens to you, This is an open forum for anyone to read. I didn't have to tell anyone you are saying bad things, they can read just fine. I just chose to let a few close friends see what you were saying. Thinking I would show up at your factory with my MP-5 is just ignorant. It would be a bit hard for me to get a machine pistol from the Philippines into Taiwan don't you think? Wouldn't it also be much easier to hand a Tuk Tuk driver a few hundred to make a problem go away just like everyone else does?

    As far as owning a firearm in a country where foreigners are not allowed ownership? You must have just glanced at my facebook page, But I am flattered no less. My Filipina Wife is former NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) The Philippines equivalent of FBI. This allows me to have firearms here, Just not legally carry without her with me. Yeah, We have MP-5's in the house and obviously you must have watched the vids of us shooting, All perfectly legal. When there's no quarantine we are at the range at least once a week. Hey, the US keeps dumping C-130's full of 9mm, .45, 5.56 and 7.62 Nato at an abandoned US navy base (Subic), May as well shoot it!


    I figured they could buy 20 foot containers full of it from China, but she said they couldn't. China was in complete lockdown a few months ago (still in partial lockdown) and I think she said something about the Taiwan government banning Chinese aluminum bar stock due to dumping.
    You didn't blame the Chinese you just repeated a quote about "Dumping". To them that's the same has stating it yourself. You’re still green here and just don't realize how serious "Status and face" is. This is not like USA were you can razz a fella up and have a beer later on. I've had employees quit for things as simple as getting a bonus check! It made them look like they were ass kissing so they literally got embarrassed and not only quit but left went back to their provinces.

    Its 2 years into your project and you still keep pointing fingers in the wrong direction. When do you plan on taking the blame?

  11. #447
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    696
    Likes (Received)
    1050

    Default

    The MP5 is for cleaning up Murder Hornets and cockroaches, those suckers laugh off anything weaker than 9 x 19's.
    Exactly, Just trying to contain them here before they make it stateside...."Accuracy by volume"

  12. Likes DanASM liked this post
  13. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    8,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    967
    Likes (Received)
    4066

    Default

    Now he claims the private message system doesn't work here, while also claiming he never gets Kickstarter messages and couldn't sign in to his Kickstarter page for a long time. I think Generic Default has a career in politics. He has the blame game down pat, better than I have ever seen, while also never accepting fault for any of his failures. He also has no problem being caught lying and then continue to keep up the same lies when the lies are in print for all to see. Pretty impressive resume to run for office here on either side of the aisle. He still hasn't answered why he reappeared after a 5 months in the wind, here and on Kickstarter.

  14. Likes g-coder05 liked this post
  15. #449
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    425
    Likes (Received)
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    ........I think Generic Default has a career in politics. He has the blame game down pat, better than I have ever seen, while also never accepting fault for any of his failures. He also has no problem being caught lying and then continue to keep up the same lies when the lies are in print for all to see. Pretty impressive resume to run for office here on either side of the aisle. He still hasn't answered why he reappeared after a 5 months in the wind, here and on Kickstarter.
    Lets run him for Prez in 2024.

    I can print banners:

    Generic Default 2024
    Making Machinists Gripe Again!!

  16. #450
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1527
    Likes (Received)
    1462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    I use to think I was smart. Now, I know I'm not.
    The more I know, the less I know.

  17. Likes Vancbiker, Turbowerks liked this post
  18. #451
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    11716
    Likes (Received)
    3944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Lets run him for Prez in 2024.

    I can print banners:

    Generic Default 2024
    Making Machinists Gripe Again!!
    Machinists STOP griping?

  19. Likes Mtndew liked this post
  20. #452
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    8,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    967
    Likes (Received)
    4066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Lets run him for Prez in 2024.

    I can print banners:

    Generic Default 2024
    Making Machinists Gripe Again!!
    I think it will have to be 2028 or even 2032, I think he is only in his mid 20's and you have to be at least 35 to run for president. Hard to believe he is so young with his amazing high level of knowledge in so many subjects.

  21. #453
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4,885
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5290
    Likes (Received)
    2514

    Default

    Ever have your pre-caffeinated brain mix up words?

    A couple words got refamulated as I read this morning. I didn't catch Swindlesmak and Genetic Fault for a little bit. I don't know why I didn't catch that.

  22. Likes Vancbiker liked this post
  23. #454
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    133
    Likes (Received)
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Machinists STOP griping?
    If you took away everything that a machinist could gripe about, they'd gripe about that.

  24. Likes cameraman, Chris59, Simpleton liked this post
  25. #455
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default

    Milland asked to see the casting pattern since some people doubt what I've been saying, so here are a few pictures of the wood pattern for the main cross base casting.

    bottom-side-cross-base.jpg
    top-side-cross-base.jpg
    both-mold-parts.jpg
    top-mold-1.jpg

    Many of the parts that get cast here are made from polystyrene (styrofoam) molds instead of wood patterns. It was strange seeing a room full of giant machine tool bases that are literally made from cheap styrofoam, some of them were the size of a pickup truck for the larger 5 axis machines they cast. We went with a wood pattern for the base because it's simple enough to not require internal structures and the wood pattern cost is much less expensive than getting a square meter of solid metal machined into a mold.

    Unfortunately the lead times for getting good machine tool castings is quite long, they have to temper the iron for 2 weeks after casting to avoid warp. There are a number of shops we visited that machine machine tool castings with large bridge type mills, all of them are fitted with linear scales and the typical face milling tolerances they hold are in the range of 20 microns per square meter for true flatness. We are going with a shop that has a bunch of Yasdas and Mitsui Seiki machines because they can apparently hold tighter flatness and squareness tolerances and they are the main supplier in Taiwan for many of the Japanese CNC machines. We don't want to do hand scraping for our boxways so getting the initial flat iron surfaces is important.

  26. Likes as9100d, mhajicek, JustinB liked this post
  27. #456
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    425
    Likes (Received)
    675

    Default

    Oh, so the machine is going to have a styrofoam base due to budget constraints??

  28. #457
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3793
    Likes (Received)
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    If you took away everything that a machinist could gripe about, they'd gripe about that.
    That made my morning right there … ( A good chuckle .).

  29. #458
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3793
    Likes (Received)
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    Milland asked to see the casting pattern since some people doubt what I've been saying, so here are a few pictures of the wood pattern for the main cross base casting.

    bottom-side-cross-base.jpg
    top-side-cross-base.jpg
    both-mold-parts.jpg
    top-mold-1.jpg

    Many of the parts that get cast here are made from polystyrene (styrofoam) molds instead of wood patterns. It was strange seeing a room full of giant machine tool bases that are literally made from cheap styrofoam, <snip>
    So the original 5 axis mill turn machine you designed and prototyped was sort of a benchtop machine.

    From looking at the footprint of the casting your new machine seems very much deeper / somewhat deeper (maybe) ? Not so "benchtop" anymore ?

    So do you have to build a base for the machine now ?

    And I assume it's free standing from the floor up (now) ?

  30. #459
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    69

    Default

    GD- If we take your updates as honest, I still don't understand how you justify working/spending money on this Gen 2 design when you're approaching two YEARS late on your original Kickstarter campaign machines? Just because you wasted those customers payments and have since found new funding, don't you still have an obligation to fulfill those commitments first? You, personally?

    Yes, I realize the parts were in storage for months and now are on the proverbial slow boat to China, but that's because you put them there. You could have been working a side job and working to ship the PAID FOR units this whole time.

  31. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    115

    Default

    There's no way to ship the Kickstarter machines to the backers without having them in kit form or assembled, which means 36 different pallets / crates / gaylords each with all the parts inside. I suggested that, if I was unable to finish, I could ship incomplete kits and give part prints and a BOM for the remainder. But since we actually DID manage to get set up in Taiwan with a new facility, we have to wait for the pallets to get here so we can complete the rest of the work and get them shipped to backers.

    It takes a ridiculous amount of work to set up a company in a different country and get everything necessary to ship them. There was no way to work on them from the time I put them in storage until they actually get here. And I didn't expect the ship to get rerouted and delayed multiple times because of a pandemic, I thought it would be the typical 3 weeks on the water.

    Getting the new design going and getting all our suppliers set up is what I can do while I'm waiting for the parts to come here. I'm committed to fulfill the Kickstarter orders but the new company still has the goal of selling machines in the future, otherwise investors would not have gotten involved. The new cast iron SwissMak is just taking the feedback we got from people around the world who said things like "I think the SwissMak design is cool but I would want to see X, Y, and Z features / design changes", which XYZ being things like a cast iron and hardened steel construction, P4 bearings, servos, linear scales, ATC, full enclosure, ect.

    Cameraman,

    We will still be making the hard anodized aluminum machine as well as the cast iron and steel version. Both are about the same footprint and we have an enclosure design that supports them at stomach height for ergonomics. The cast iron machine is too heavy for a person to assemble without lifting gear, so it will always come fully assembled inside the enclosure as a turn-key system. The aluminum one can come with or without the enclosure and can be assembled by 1 person on a table. Both machines run off 110 / 220 residential power and have many of the same components. The enclosure has a vibration damping interface that supports the rigid cross base of the machine in the center, and there are 8 sides of the enclosure, 4 are doors and the other 4 are fixed windows with openings for hand-wheels. The entire enclosure can be wheeled around and set in place since it has caster wheels with leveling pads.

  32. Likes as9100d liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •