Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Default View Post
    Attachment 291836
    Attachment 291837
    Attachment 291840
    Attachment 291838
    Attachment 291839

I don't have time right now to write out a long response to try to respond to everybody who has posted here since my last post, but I attached a few pictures of the bases being machined. We also recently got the remaining wooden patterns finished for the headstocks and vertical milling columns. Since 4 out of 5 of the linear axes are machined directly into the cross base, this new cast iron design gets rid of most of the alignment procedures necessary and is as flat and square as the jig bore that machines it.

I'll try to explain more details of the software soon, but I talked to the investor group recently and we are considering just acquiring one of the companies that already has mill-turn CAM software, since we need to accelerate our schedule and the 3d graphics engine we were using in our current software version is outdated. Our new machines will include a touchscreen PC with the easy to use CAM software already installed and customized for the SwissMak.

We're getting the Kickstarter stuff done with forward and backward compatibility in mind, the control board supplier is still under lockdown in the UK and their resellers don't have enough boards in stock. So we have to develop with the few boards we bought before the pandemic started. We're trying to keep most of our production in Taiwan now because the rest of the world is so unreliable.

And 3t3d, that link is reassuring to me. I expect to finish and ship the Kickstarter units in the next few months without having ever murdered anyone with a submarine hatch bonk.
    Your updates are appreciated, keep at it, and don't give up!!!

4. Likes aarongough liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

<snip> .

We're trying to keep most of our production in Taiwan now because the rest of the world is so unreliable.

<snip>.
    [Emphasis Added.].

~ How to win friends and influence people*.

Just blame it on someone else - like the entire rest of the World. And everything that happens in it.

Sounds fair.

The Mitsui looks nice.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

* The more diplomatic way of saying that would be "Seems like we would like to keep production in Taiwan as I very much like the way they go about things... Seems like a good fit so far, early days , but looks promising. "

- Not, - the rest of the world is an unmitigated sh*t show now having removed myself from it by installing myself in Taiwan. Especially given how reliable I was before (impeccably so).

(cough cough)

Maybe someone else in your organization should handle the PR etc. ? I'm not 100% sure you are doing yourself any favors here ?

6. Likes Garwood, DavidScott, Mtndew, Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since 4 out of 5 of the linear axes are machined directly into the cross base, this new cast iron design gets rid of most of the alignment procedures necessary and is as flat and square as the jig bore that machines it.

I'll try to explain more details of the software soon, but I talked to the investor group recently and we are considering just acquiring one of the companies that already has mill-turn CAM software
    lol

tenchar

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I talked to my investor group and we're considering just acquiring one of the COVID-19 vaccine makers so that we don't get shut down again.

You're wayyyyyy late to that party. Autodesk already bought everyone. I suppose you could buy Autodesk. When you do, we'll have a few suggestions for you over in the CAD/CAM forum.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    I talked to my investor group and we're considering just acquiring one of the COVID-19 vaccine makers so that we don't get shut down again.

You're wayyyyyy late to that party. Autodesk already bought everyone. I suppose you could buy Autodesk. When you do, we'll have a few suggestions for you over in the CAD/CAM forum.
    A. Fire all the pushy salesmen....
    B. Kill AutoCad for good.
    C. Get rid of the salesmen.
    D. Make Fusion local instead of cloud-based.
    E. Eliminate the sales team.
    F. Board it up and make all your money selling Swiss-Maks.

10. Likes Dualkit, Comatose, g-coder05 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Attachment 291836
    Attachment 291837
    Attachment 291840
    Attachment 291838
    Attachment 291839

I don't have time right now to write out a long response to try to respond to everybody who has posted here since my last post, but I attached a few pictures of the bases being machined. We also recently got the remaining wooden patterns finished for the headstocks and vertical milling columns. Since 4 out of 5 of the linear axes are machined directly into the cross base, this new cast iron design gets rid of most of the alignment procedures necessary and is as flat and square as the jig bore that machines it.

I'll try to explain more details of the software soon, but I talked to the investor group recently and we are considering just acquiring one of the companies that already has mill-turn CAM software, since we need to accelerate our schedule and the 3d graphics engine we were using in our current software version is outdated. Our new machines will include a touchscreen PC with the easy to use CAM software already installed and customized for the SwissMak.

We're getting the Kickstarter stuff done with forward and backward compatibility in mind, the control board supplier is still under lockdown in the UK and their resellers don't have enough boards in stock. So we have to develop with the few boards we bought before the pandemic started. We're trying to keep most of our production in Taiwan now because the rest of the world is so unreliable.

And 3t3d, that link is reassuring to me. I expect to finish and ship the Kickstarter units in the next few months without having ever murdered anyone with a submarine hatch bonk.
    Why do you keep coming here and not updating your Kickstarter page? That reeks of evolving into a con man. I will tell you why, it is because this website is generating a lot of bad press, and you are trying your darnedest to make up excuses and lies to counteract it. Did you ever take a career aptitude test when you were younger? If you did it would have screamed to go into politics, considering that you lie and make excuses with the greatest of ease, to the point of believing your own lies, makes you a natural politician in this country.

12. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll try to explain more details of the software soon, but I talked to the investor group recently and we are considering just acquiring one of the companies that already has mill-turn CAM software, since we need to accelerate our schedule and the 3d graphics engine we were using in our current software version is outdated. ....
    Some sense there if the money available
    Putting blame on an old 3D graphics engine makes not a lot of sense to me.
    Inside Cam software will not care about 3D screen display at all. If this a concern employ a game developer.
    Why am I thinking window dressing rather than hard CAD/CAM?

I do hope this works but you are taking a road of question and I have to wonder about real world advice being sold to you.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just PLEASE get someone to make you a custom Fusion 360 post processor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Betting this is a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisroberts View Post

17. Likes Kevin Wilkins liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Generic, remember that original, pre-Kickstarter thread where you talked about how great aluminum was going to be for a machine base, going on and on about the properties of materials, and everyone told you to use cast iron? And now two years later you made the shocking discovery that cast iron actually IS a tiny bit better than aluminum when it comes to machine tool frames? Maybe, just maybe, the collected experience is going to be right again on CAM? Just a thought...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Generic Default now has posted here 21 times, many long winded since his last Kickstarter update 2 months ago, he has almost $200k of their money and none of ours, what does that tell you?

20. Likes g-coder05, npinson liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Generic Default now has posted here 21 times, many long winded since his last Kickstarter update 2 months ago, he has almost $200k of their money and none of ours, what does that tell you?
    I still want to help.....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by as9100d View Post
    I still want to help.....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Don't you know a middle finger when you see one?

23. Likes g-coder05 liked this post