What's new
What's new

Switching from 3 axis vmc to horizontal boring mill

nikoladbc

Plastic
Hello to everyone, in less than month, i am starting a new job as operator for cnc horizontal boring mill in new company... what are your thoughs on hbm, compared to 3 axis cnc machning on vmc, that i experienced in last 3 years here in this company that i am leaving..?

Poslato sa DUB-LX1 pomoću Tapatoka

Also a CNC machine, or manual? Letting us know the type of work you expect to do (large valve bodies, transmission cases, or ?) would help. And the brand and model of the machine.

We have some English members who are experienced with HBM, hopefully they or someone else will comment.

Also a CNC machine, or manual? Letting us know the type of work you expect to do (large valve bodies, transmission cases, or ?) would help. And the brand and model of the machine.

We have some English members who are experienced with HBM, hopefully they or someone else will comment.
I modified post, hbm is also cnc... well, machine is PAMA (Italian) , i think 20 + years old, did not have oportunity to see model, and the parts made on machine are going to be dynamic, mostly parts used in other big machines..

Poslato sa DUB-LX1 pomoću Tapatoka

Back