What's new
What's new

System variables for feed override, run mode, spindle override, etc?

SRT Mike

Stainless
This is on almost all Mitsubishi control machines (Kitamura, Mazak), mostly with newer hardware (M700/M800). I am using DPrint to send info back out of the machines in macros, but I would like to know what the mode switch is set to (i.e. MDI, Auto, Manual). I'd also like to be able to check the spindle and feed override switch settings.

Does anyone know how to do it?

I know one option is MTConnect but I don't have adapters on the machines, and we'd be looking at tens of thousands of $$. I believe in the M800 control, you can read PLC bits from a macro program - but is there another or easier way?

And while I'm at it, any way to read out the program name through variables/parameters? I know I can get the O-number and N-number, or I can put a DPRNT statement at the top of the program - but we have thousands of archived programs and don't want to go through and modify them all. I also want the information being sent from the machine to be un-editable by the operators, to maintain data integrity.

I don't have information on the M700 or M800, but on M50 and M500 you have to add a ladder rung to write the current mode (edit,mem,MDI, etc.) to an R address that corresponds with one of the system variables #1000-#1015 or you could do some binary and write it to #1032.

Trying to understand what the use might be. Seems to me you can only test that variable while in mem (auto) or MDI because you have to do something like #100=#1008 in a program or MDI or use the DPRINT command which can only run in a program or MDI.

Capturing the condition of the override settings would need to follow a similar process. Probably need to do a bit more in the ladder to create some M codes to run to select which switch you want to capture the condition of.

Back