What's new
What's new

T10 Fin wait 000 error on DMG Mori NLX

Panza

Stainless
I am trying to run a program:
Starts with some turning on the main spindle. Transfer to sub spindle (with pull and cutoff). Facing and turning on the sub. Then it is supposed to drill a hole with live tooling.
The program stops at M245 (engage C-axis)and the control says "T10 fin wait 0000".
I have been trying to figure out what the problem is for a few hours but no luck.

This is what the Mitsubishi manual says:
The following Nos. are shown during the operation of the corresponding completion wait
factor. The numbers will disappear when the operation is completed.
The completion wait factor is indicated with four digits (in hexadecimal).
Display format of completion wait factor
0__ __ __
(a)(b)(c)
Each of the hexadecimal numbers (a), (b) and (c) indicates the following details.
(a)
bit0: In dwell execution
bit3: Unclamp signal wait (Note 1)
(b)
bit0: Waiting for spindle position to be looped
bit3: Door open (Note 2)
(c)
bit0: Waiting for MSTB completion
bit1: Waiting for rapid traverse deceleration
bit2: Waiting for cutting speed deceleration
bit3: Waiting for spindle orientation to com
(Note 1) This shows the wait state for the unclamp signal's ON/OFF for the index table
indexing.
(Note 2) This shows the door open state caused by the door interlock function.

I don't think T10 relates to a tool number as the tool I am running is in turret position 11. And that tool is made a live tool on the turret information screen.
I have looked at an old program with milling on the sub and it looks exactly like the one I am working on now. This leads me to think there is something wrong with the tool setup. The one thing that seems strange is that there is no way to choose attached direction (main or sub) when I attach a tool in the turret screen. It all ends up on the main side. It was not like that before the update DMG installed.

I asked DMG what the problem could be, and mentioned that there is something strange about the tool setup after the update they installed. The reply from the as*ho**s over at DMG Mori Sweden was: We think you should buy some more training. It must be the most arrogant thing I have ever heard. They have not even looked at the problem.
Hopefully someone here will be able to figure it out.

If you think that the update that DMG-Mori did caused this problem and you have an old program that worked, did you try to run the old code on the newly updated control? If the old code has the same problem then you can be pretty sure it's a machine problem. If the old code runs, it is a program problem. If the latter, post your code here.

I have an old program that worked before the update (with milling on the SUB-spindle). It has the exact same start as the program that won't run now, but I will try it to make sure it doesn't run.
I will post the code here later today. Thanks for the answer Jon !

They broke your machine dude.

Program looks kosher to me.On line 227 try M205 instead of M05.

Can you MDI M245/M246 M268/M269?

Yes, that's what I have been thinking. They say that no parameters was changed during the "update" but that is obviously not the case: Tool probe parameter changed, parameter to enable high-speed lookahead changed from off to on. Those are the two I am 100% sure about. I wonder if this is a parameter too ? A parameter that says if you have a C-axis on the sub or not maybe ?
I will try your suggestions! Thank you !

Tested:
M205 instead of M05 in line 227 in the program: Machine stopped with code "T10 fin wait 0001" at M205. M205 is not listed as a code in the manual.

MDI:
M245 - Machine stops with code "T10 fin wait 0001".
M246 - Machine stops with code "T10 fin wait 0001".
M268 - Works and returns "MDI complete 0304".
M269 - Works and returns "MDI complete 0304".

I also checked the turret-setup one more time and the positions used in the program are set to live tooling. It seems live tools work on the main spindle no matter how you set up the turret-setup and tools in the control. Wonder if there is a parameter somewhere that disables live tooling on the sub side ?

In your NC code, I see M69 to release S1 brake, but you are on S2 (sub spindle). Do you have M269 somewhere? The c-axis needs to orient before it can be engaged.

I will have to look at the program again to check that, but the process in front of the live drilling is turning so the spindle brake is definitely not on when the program goes into the drilling cycle at line 226.
I tried adding M269 just before M69 and it made no difference.

I have attached the whole program.

View attachment Sub-error.txt

Edit: Added file and tested M269.

Last edited:
Tested:
M205 instead of M05 in line 227 in the program: Machine stopped with code "T10 fin wait 0001" at M205. M205 is not listed as a code in the manual.

MDI:
M245 - Machine stops with code "T10 fin wait 0001".
M246 - Machine stops with code "T10 fin wait 0001".
M268 - Works and returns "MDI complete 0304".
M269 - Works and returns "MDI complete 0304".

I also checked the turret-setup one more time and the positions used in the program are set to live tooling. It seems live tools work on the main spindle no matter how you set up the turret-setup and tools in the control. Wonder if there is a parameter somewhere that disables live tooling on the sub side ?

It sounds like some of the M-codes were erased with the update. Whoever updated your control should come back and fix that.

In the meantime, what happens if you phase sync the two spindles with M34 and then activate the C-axis on both spindles using M45/M46? Can you get your existing program to run?

Yes, some parameters was definitely messed up with that update. Wish I had a list of all the parameters and variable for the mapps (and what each one did). There are hundreds of variables in the mapps.
I can sync the spindles and transfer to sub and do turning on the sub. No program I have with live tools on the sub will run.
I have not tried a program with phase sync when doing the transfer, only speed sync I think.
Are you suggesting I try phase syncing in MDI and then use M45 and M46 ? Or make a program ?

Update on this issue: The updated software must have been made for / tested on a machine without a subspindle.
That meant that the machine was set to tailstock spec under machine setup and that made the subspindle settings not work.
Such a simple fault...

Update on this issue: The updated software must have been made for / tested on a machine without a subspindle.
That meant that the machine was set to tailstock spec under machine setup and that made the subspindle settings not work.
Such a simple fault...

I think this is a prime example of just how badly the merger of DMG and Mori, damaged Mori.

Back