What's new
What's new

table riser on CNC VF/4- Stablize/support- conflicting dad/son ideas.

countryguy

Hot Rolled
We're probably both wrong.. but I'd rather ask and get advice to do this right than wrong.

Picture of a riser the Son made for the VF/4 Haas. It's to 2 tens flat on our table. but not done obviously... He did facemill it and it cleaned up well.

IMG-4332.jpg
We both believe it needs support in-between the ends.

I want to insert a few slabs of 3/4" plate cut and ground to fit. Then either drill and bolt top & bottom or weld. (depending in feedback?) Welding we know will move it and then I say just face-mill again.

He wants to use something a bit more flexible- Machinist jacks... adjust up/down as needed... maybe even set and welded in place?

He's a new graduate and learning...I'd old school and just elected go to the expertise in the next room. (PM forum) see what the guys think he should do :-)

Or.... something else entirely. I just want it done and we have a power supply to wire in and another machine to fix. ... fun fun fun!

The welding looks a little on the rough side from the picture, but I doubt you are going to have rigidity issues unless that thing is 4-5 feet wide. Run it!

Back