What's new
What's new

Taiwanese CNC lathe suggestion needed

TwnFinn

Plastic
I am looking for advice for a specific CNC lathe we want to put into our factory here in Taiwan. For ease of service we would prefer a Taiwanese made machine or possibly Japanese.

The machine would be bought for only a single task, to turn down 1.1" diameter 10" long aluminum tubes down to 0.75". After machining the tube has a wall thickness of about 0.040" so quite thin. Tolerance is easy (+/- 0.003"). Surface needs to be smooth and free of marks but there are no special requirements. Part is hold on the ID which is finished before the OD.

These are currently outsourced to various shops here who use mix of all kinds of CNC lathes to make them but we are looking to bring this process in house.

My concerns are:

1. Chip management, seems to be a issue with our current vendors
2. Spindle type, box way / linear?
3. Things I don't know about, not a lot of lathe experience

Do you guys have any suggestions for machines I should be looking at?

I am looking for advice for a specific CNC lathe we want to put into our factory here in Taiwan. For ease of service we would prefer a Taiwanese made machine or possibly Japanese.

The machine would be bought for only a single task, to turn down 1.1" diameter 10" long aluminum tubes down to 0.75". After machining the tube has a wall thickness of about 0.040" so quite thin. Tolerance is easy (+/- 0.003"). Surface needs to be smooth and free of marks but there are no special requirements. Part is hold on the ID which is finished before the OD.

These are currently outsourced to various shops here who use mix of all kinds of CNC lathes to make them but we are looking to bring this process in house.

My concerns are:

1. Chip management, seems to be a issue with our current vendors
2. Spindle type, box way / linear?
3. Things I don't know about, not a lot of lathe experience

Do you guys have any suggestions for machines I should be looking at?

Tai Takisawa

After quite a bit of googling I ended up sending RFQ's for Victor Taichung Vturn 16/20 and YCM GT-250B. I'll look into Takisawa also.

Hello Guys,

We are in the market to purchase a CNC lathe with Y & C axis and with a subspindle!

We got a Quote for 2 Machines:
-Victor Taichung Vturn A20Y
-Doosan Puma 2100 SYB

Doosan looks little bit more Expensive,

Victor has a faster Spinder RPM and is Heavier in Weight!
Both has a Built in Spindle (Which is a Good Point), both has the same fanuc Controller!

That’s our first High Performance CNC lathe,

Who has used Victor? Who has used Doosan?
What are the Pros and Cons?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

No experience with Victor. The Doosan lathe I watch run was very quiet. All you really heard was chips hitting the window. I really hope Doosan doesn’t try to sell you on their tooling package for 100k like they did to some guys I know. Salesmen can be such slimeballs

Back