What's new
What's new

Takisawa TC-2 Lathe X Axis Problems.

Pmk222

Plastic
My boss runs the lathes and I run the mills at our shop, so I'm not 100% sure all of the details but I'll do my best here.

We have a tawisawa TC-2 lathe, I forget which fanuc control it has. Whenever you send the machine home, the X axis moves. So, every time we start the machine we have to adjust and account for the difference. I've been working there for a year and he seems surprised every time it's within 5-10 thou. If he don't home the machine it will hold true. So, it's not a belt or pulley slipping.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My theory is that it has to do with the limit switch, does anyone know how difficult it would be to access the limit switch or does this even seem like it could be the problem?

Any other insights to this scenario?

The limit switch just tells it which rotation is home so I doubt it is the limit switch unless it is a rotation of the screw off. What year? I ran a 1984 with a Fanuc 3 control. Solid lathe but had an issue with the turret having slop with the key to the shaft it was mounted on, a known weakness of that lathe.

Late 80s, not sure exactly what year.

Does the limit switch not tell the machine when the turret is in the proper position? It seems like it'd be more useful that way to prevent over traveling.

Back