Takumi machine tools
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Takumi machine tools

Does anyone have any experience with Takumi mills? We are looking at their larger bridge mill & any feedback as to quality, rigidity, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Link added: CNC Machines | Die/Mold & Aerospace | Takumi USA
    Last edited by toolmaker96; 09-11-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know of someone who has one. Older 50 taper VMC. The machine is quite rugged and well built. Sill holds tenths. Of course, he takes excellent care of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasJRizzo View Post
    I know of someone who has one. Older 50 taper VMC. The machine is quite rugged and well built. Sill holds tenths. Of course, he takes excellent care of it.

Thank you. Do you happen to know if it is a box or linear way machine? C frame machine I assume?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Box way C type frame. Ways and headstock look VERY robust.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nope Nope Nope, Run away. The machine is made in Taichung at the same place that makes Hurco and Johnford as well as several other rebranded machines all the same. Absolutely a POS, you can search my old post about junkford. Late delivery, Had no idea how to install, couldn't get leveled so tried to sneak in a face mill from our tool crib to face the table level. blew a spindle belt using only 13HP, sheared of the drive keys on the Cat-50 while profiling with HSS mill (said it was my fault because new machine techniques use HSM tool paths). yet had a 50 HP 2 speed gearbox?!?!?!

The link you put literally had a Hurco guy pushing that POS.
    Then here’s what happens when you get a Hurco.
    Haas VS Hurco... VF2-SS takes on VM-20 - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We've had a Takumi bridge machine for at least 2 years now. It's been a good machine with just a few minor issues (all fixed under warranty). Hurco does own Takumi, and if you look closely you can find Hurco nameplates on the machine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Nope Nope Nope, Run away. The machine is made in Taichung at the same place that makes Hurco and Johnford as well as several other rebranded machines all the same. Absolutely a POS, you can search my old post about junkford. Late delivery, Had no idea how to install, couldn't get leveled so tried to sneak in a face mill from our tool crib to face the table level. blew a spindle belt using only 13HP, sheared of the drive keys on the Cat-50 while profiling with HSS mill (said it was my fault because new machine techniques use HSM tool paths). yet had a 50 HP 2 speed gearbox?!?!?!

The link you put literally had a Hurco guy pushing that POS.
    Then here’s what happens when you get a Hurco.
    Haas VS Hurco... VF2-SS takes on VM-20 - YouTube
    I was confused why the guy was wearing a Hurco shirt LoL.

(never heard of this brand before this thread so no opinion)

Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a mid 90's V11A VMC. Box ways, 40 taper. Arm 21 tool changer. Fanuc OMC.
    I don't think that they make the V11 anymore because it was an odd size between the 1M and 1.2M X travel.
    I love this thing, it has the gearbox in it that changes over from 1000 RPM. Max RPM on her is 4000. I can't really say anything bad about it, I have seen newer models and they look a bit "light" compared to mine so I am not too sure. Still my favorite machine to rigid tap on, the sound is music to my ears... but then again my other mills can only go up to M16 on rigid.
    Only complaint from my operators, I'm 6ft 6", is that I put the setups too far away from the door so they need to use a small step to assist