What's new
What's new

Thinking about moving

Stephen2000

Plastic
Planning on moving to the Philadelphia area.
Just curious what is the average wage for someone with 12 years experience.
Knows Partmaker,mastercam win-cnc as well as hand written code. Can program,set-up and run. Citizen,Star and Tsugami. Also served a 10,000 hour apprenticeship. Attached pics of recent jobs I programmed and set up

Attachments

• 78637AB8-638A-4D88-89CB-92ABE1A5EE4A.jpg
    78637AB8-638A-4D88-89CB-92ABE1A5EE4A.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 6344619D-1CD1-488F-ABD7-307EE7A514DB.jpg
    6344619D-1CD1-488F-ABD7-307EE7A514DB.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 190
  • D5B9BADE-409D-44A0-A80D-D70CEFB4BA4C.jpg
    D5B9BADE-409D-44A0-A80D-D70CEFB4BA4C.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 200
  • C8E88FD8-2518-4501-B776-E54D3F600A23.jpg
    C8E88FD8-2518-4501-B776-E54D3F600A23.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 1E5A7AD6-1187-4690-9566-221BC2E8F039.jpg
    1E5A7AD6-1187-4690-9566-221BC2E8F039.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I didn't really understood what your job represents but I can tell yoou that the average salary in Philadelphia is somewhere around 50-60k per year. I live in Philadelphia and I work in the financial area. With 5 years of experience, I make around 50k. This city is not the best when it comes to the price-income ratio. Moving here was necessary for me (I haven't lived here forever) because I got a better paid job and the prices are not very different from my previous state. To be honest, I hate moving, I hate that I left my parents there and a part of my memories but that's part of the money rush process. A fact that made it easier for me to move was bringing a part of my memories with me - paintings that I got from my grandparents, two handmade closets and our old aquarium. I was worried about them not getting damaged but in the end it was all good, the guys from Eagle State to State Moving (https://eaglestatetostatemoving.com/apartment-movers/) done a great job in keeping them safe, although it was a big distance. :Ithankyou:

Dude, I can't figure out if you are a really, really weird spammer, or one of Thermite's alter egos, or Deadly Kitten back again, or what, but your posts are ALL over the place, and rarely related to the topic.

Post a picture of you with a shoe on your head to prove you're not a spammer.

There is no average. It’s about how well you can negotiate and what the companies are willing to pay.
Most don’t want to pay above $25/hr with your skills. I have never seen any jobs advertised above $30 around here.
My guess is that you may be able to get $30 with the right company as long as you can prove that you really know Partmaker and Mastercam.

Dude, I can't figure out if you are a really, really weird spammer, or one of Thermite's alter egos, or Deadly Kitten back again, or what, but your posts are ALL over the place, and rarely related to the topic.

Most of his posts are dredging up older posts and have links in them, classic spammer behavior, odd thing is it is not the same link.

I think this is him.

rabbit_pancake.jpg

Most of his posts are dredging up older posts and have links in them, classic spammer behavior, odd thing is it is not the same link.

That's what I've noticed, and why I didn't immediately call him a spammer...

But like, this post alone, he says hes in the Philly area, working in Finance, but he's on a machinist forum, and his profile says he's in the UK, but his post is about hiring a moving company....

He's gotta be some cheap SEO for multiple companies, or something.

There is no average. It’s about how well you can negotiate and what the companies are willing to pay.
Most don’t want to pay above $25/hr with your skills. I have never seen any jobs advertised above $30 around here.
My guess is that you may be able to get $30 with the right company as long as you can prove that you really know Partmaker and Mastercam.

Well it seems the OPmight be a spammer anyways so it doesn't matter... I was going to add my 3 cents in here, the average pay will be as low as they can get you for.

edit: My apologies, I was cornfused.
(my answer is still the same however)

Last edited:

Back