What's new
What's new

Thoughts on Siemens 828 control ?

Hoss710

Cast Iron
We just received at work 2 new cnc fryer machines. 1 mill, 1 lathe with live tooling. I was wondering for the people who have used the 828 control. what they liked ,and disliked about it ? we have yet to power them up, or receive any training on the control. so Im just trying to get a feel of what people think about it, that have used them?

Loving it,
While you wait you can download the Sinutrain software from Siemens and get used to how it all works.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yup.

Sometimes the implementation is not very good, especially with budget builders. That said, ease of use is great, macro programming is outstanding, and while Mazatrol is pretty damn fast, I 100% agree that shopturn is the best mainstream conversational on a lathe.

Just don't go in expecting it to behave like a Fanuc. The change resistant old-timers who have never run Siemens tend to bitch about them.

I have run a few very old Siemens controllers. the 1 I ran the most was a CC100. but that was a very basic controller. we had several older 1s than that , that had 5 LED lines . 1 for each axis X,Y,Z,A. and 1 semi longer line that showed code like the old yasnac g2000 control. I have a few Haas's at home , as well as being a haas tech for many moons. I have worked on the MX and LX 1,2,3. controls. have a KIA KT21 lathe. the newer yasnac controls ( I guess they would be old now) yasnac I80 . the Mitsubishi controllers.Fanuc O, 6, 10, and 15. Fadel nc88, and the 1 that had gibbs built into it ?? and a few other weird variations. Bosh, brown and Sharp, anilam, Bridgeport, for example . Just havent seen any of the new Siemens controllers til now. after we get things up and running I'll post some feedback. Thanks for the response!!

Back