What's new
What's new

Titan CNC Academy

bsh21wash

Aluminum
Has anyone checked out Titan's academy? Its a free website that teaches from the basics to the advanced machining. Worth checking out, and best part it's free. I have no connection with the site nor do I get paid to say this, I've been using it and just wanted to share with everyone.

TITANS of CNC: Academy

Happy Machining!

The guy I work with swears by titan.

I have a hard time getting past the melodramatics of the man to look at the academy. But honestly I need to take a look. At the end of the day of it will make me better I need to do it.

Isnt that the same dude where he will teach san quiten inmates machining and then says they can compete with any shop out there. Sounds like a winner. Surely a good move for America. From Mexico to China to the prison system. Then we will subsidize machining with free labor and then we can buy cncs from china. ...buy your pigs before the price goes up up up.

But free training is helpful

I don't understand why this guy makes himself appear so unapproachable and angry.

qbQkzA3.jpg

I can not tell if he is proud of that part or if someone just scraped 10k in titanium...

At-least the other folks representing machinist on youtube look happy, regardless of their content I feel like i could have a conversation with them.

Things must be moving very fast for him. From prison to public eye. It will definitely constipate you. That is the look of constipation by aggravation.

I really don't think he is bad guy in that he has pride, is loud spoken and things are rocking for him. The producers have to have him on a solid persona. Good for him and his business. Hope he makes all the right moves.

Things must be moving very fast for him. From prison to public eye. It will definitely constipate you. That is the look of constipation by aggravation.

I really don't think he is bad guy in that he has pride, is loud spoken and things are rocking for him. The producers have to have him on a solid persona. Good for him and his business. Hope he makes all the right moves.

Doesn't make him any less of a twat!

Doesn't make him any less of a twat!
Yep. I've mentioned this before and I'll keep mentioning it... I know someone that deals with this idiot face to face, and they say that he's a douchebag in real life, he just ramps it up a little for the cameras. It's frustrating when an asshole like that is doing so well, and my shop is struggling. But whatever... I'd rather struggle than be like that guy.

Well, it looks like you get a Cad/Cam software package for taking the course. They seem to be partnered with Autodesk, it's not Fusion 360 is it? It might be worth the slog for some free software. As long as you don't have to watch the episodes...

Yep. I've mentioned this before and I'll keep mentioning it... I know someone that deals with this idiot face to face, and they say that he's a douchebag in real life, he just ramps it up a little for the cameras.

I know a guy, who knows some people in the car biz' that know Jesse James personally. And I hear he's actually a bigger a'hole in real life than on TV. So maybe Titan isn't so bad after all.

I know a guy, who knows some people in the car biz' that know Jesse James personally. And I hear he's actually a bigger a'hole in real life than on TV. So maybe Titan isn't so bad after all.

I worked with a bike builder for a while that worked for Jesse James, and from what I understand the horror stories are real. I think it's part of the L.A./Hollywood/Custom culture or something.

Perhaps if this country was just so full-up of manufacturing, and there were 300 places to learn the tricks of this trade easily (i.e. not having to enroll in some community college program), I would be dismissive of Titan and how his persona gets amped up the way it is for the TeeVee.

As it stands, I don't see many of the more knowledgeable, badass, kick-ass machinists putting much effort into passing their skills onto the next generation outside of apprenticeships in their own shops. I see a lot of shit talking, I see a lot of discouraging people to learn how to do this stuff for themselves, I see a lot of insinuation of great skill without a lot of teaching.

People are getting more and more interested in manufacturing, especially via non-traditional paths. I'm happy to see someone starting to fill that gap... so happy, I'm not going to shit-talk him.

Perhaps if this country was just so full-up of manufacturing, and there were 300 places to learn the tricks of this trade easily (i.e. not having to enroll in some community college program), I would be dismissive of Titan and how his persona gets amped up the way it is for the TeeVee.

As it stands, I don't see many of the more knowledgeable, badass, kick-ass machinists putting much effort into passing their skills onto the next generation outside of apprenticeships in their own shops. I see a lot of shit talking, I see a lot of discouraging people to learn how to do this stuff for themselves, I see a lot of insinuation of great skill without a lot of teaching.

People are getting more and more interested in manufacturing, especially via non-traditional paths. I'm happy to see someone starting to fill that gap... so happy, I'm not going to shit-talk him.

Kind of exactly how I see it. His message is respectable.
We all know how passionate he says he is about it. Whether that is the truth, or not. I admire what he is trying to do.
Whether he is just using it as an avenue to make money or not, is not my problem.

The neighbor kid at our new house is about 12. And, he was asking me what kind of stuff I was going to be doing in the shop.
I told him I have a machine-shop, and I make all kinds of stuff out of metal.
Then pointed to the machined aluminum sprocket holder on his go-cart, and said: "stuff like that".
And he said (with wide excited eyes): "Ohh-wow! Like Titan?"

So you guys can hate on Titan if you want. That kid is proof to me, that what he is doing is working.
That kid would have no idea if it were not for that TV show. His dad is an electrical engineer.
Yet here is a kid that has a pretty good idea how his go-cart sprocket-hub was made.
The next thing out of his mouth was: "can I watch?" I smell trouble coming. So far I like the kid. I hope he doesn't get pesky.

As a newbie to CNC I am all for ANY way that I can acquire knowledge. I have been doing all manual repair and one off reverse engineering repair for 38years. I was blown away by how much less physical the CNC machines are, and they have made my job much easier.
I'm with gkoenig that most of what I see is everyone telling everyone how much that they know, and this forum has been a great asset for me getting help and advise.
I don't know how much AutoDesk may be paying for the production of the videos and the content on the site, but if you take a look at it there has been quite a lot of work that went into getting it going.
I took a few classes at the community college to help get up to speed on the first machine, but now that I'm back to 70 HR weeks I don't have time to go back to class. I will take the learn at my convenience forum and use it.
My 2 cents.

Just more of Haas trying to plaster its name out there .... If they would build a better machine and spend less on trying to market crap they would be doing a lot better. They tryed to sell there marked down machine for IMTS and after a month or running that sale price turned around and started selling end of the year machines ...

Haas has spent the last 2 months telling people there machines are 10 to 15% over priced. Why not build a better machine and sell it at whats its worth ,

You do wonder how much value Haas's NASCAR and F1 teams are really bringing to the customer. If you figure they do 10,000 machines annually and they really spend $100 million a year on each team like they claim, then $4000 of the purchase price of every machine is just funding a racing team.

Compared to that, Titan costs, what, a couple machines and a couple hundred grand a year, maybe?

Back