Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    If you have the authority, tell him to get in line. If he has the authority and you don't, it's his problem and you don't have to worry about it.
    That's what I do every day he asks whats going on , what the problem is and I tell him I don't know cause he always cops an attitude when I make suggestions

2. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ok 8k holes, 3.5” deep, explosion clad.

Well then some proper checking, testing and diagnosing is for sure needed. Seems the obvious culprit would be residual stress in the impact zone but a few cross sections of nogos need to be inspected, optical comparator at minimum, etch and microscopy perhaps.

The hand reamer was suggested as a quick and dirty means of testing how much actual material was causing the fail, but with that material and quantity I’d like to see what is really happening in there.

As to the coolant nonsense, put some fresh coolant in a beaker on a hot plate and time lapse video it...oh wait, facts don’t matter, facts will only make him mad. He is always right. And the earth is flat too.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cyanidekid View Post
    ok 8k holes, 3.5” deep, explosion clad.

Well then some proper checking, testing and diagnosing is for sure needed. Seems the obvious culprit would be residual stress in the impact zone but a few cross sections of nogos need to be inspected, optical comparator at minimum, etch and microscopy perhaps.

The hand reamer was suggested as a quick and dirty means of testing how much actual material was causing the fail, but with that material and quantity I’d like to see what is really happening in there.

As to the coolant nonsense, put some fresh coolant in a beaker on a hot plate and time lapse video it...oh wait, facts don’t matter, facts will only make him mad. He is always right. And the earth is flat too.

You know I was thinking of doing that and putting it on his desk, so a small update we switched some inserts and using all sumocham now drilled 50 holes out of the 50 there was 8 that the gauge did not go all the way through stopped about mid way through. 3 out of that 8 were right near the bottom, we narrowed it down to deflection, which was what my original thought was but forgot to mention it as I am always tired when writing in here.

coolant psi is 150 psi from what I read as for flow rates I couldn't find that info on the coolant system as I am not familiar with it, we bore gauged the hole and the measurements from top to bottom or middle were always about 0.005 out.