What's new
What's new

Fadal "R" Radius Rules

Kevinstj

Cast Iron
I Have been looking in my manual and online (I could've sworn I saw it somewhere). What is the rule for using "R" in a G02 or G03 instead of "I & J". Is there a maximum and minimum degree for the "R"
Thanks
Kevin

I Have been looking in my manual and online (I could've sworn I saw it somewhere). What is the rule for using "R" in a G02 or G03 instead of "I & J". Is there a maximum and minimum degree for the "R"
Thanks
Kevin

Hello Kevin,
R format circular interpolation can't be used to program a full 360deg in one block, as can be using I and J. Arcs Greater than 180deg must be programmed with a Minus R value.

Regards,

Bill

One has to be cautious with the fadal. Years gone by we ran into a situation where the center of the radius was outside the machine travel it just connected the points and drove a line between arc endpoints. Was a result of mastercam filtering and created a large arc radius and just milled a linear move. Something to keep in mind with the fadal control.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One has to be cautious with the fadal. Years gone by we ran into a situation where the center of the radius was outside the machine travel it just connected the points and drove a line between arc endpoints. Was a result of mastercam filtering and created a large arc radius and just milled a linear move. Something to keep in mind with the fadal control.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ive lived this reality in a very expensive aluminum part recently.
The min\max radius is listed in the manual. I believe it to be 399" (99" with crc) as max. I modified my post to reflect this.

See here Random gouging Fadal

Back