What's new
What's new

Tool changing motor replacements "I-TA Machinery"

Miklovin

Plastic
Have anyone had luck substituting a different brand for "I-TA" Machinery? Having not the greatest luck getting new motors from I-TA in a timely manner.

IMG_5586.jpg

From tool changer arms and also from tool changing carousels.

Two different CNCs are down to 1-tool parts now.

You are correct, the $800 one that burnt out its windings would have been almost the same to rebuild - i think they quoted between $900-1100 US to rewind it. But i'm trying a direct supplier this time.
But when the motors break off the shaf (as shown), i'm not really sure how/if that part can be repaired...
IMG_5674.jpgIMG_5674.jpg

Broke shaft. Forget about it. New motor time. Only problem you might have is finding the correct frame/mounting flange. Should be able to find something for less than $500.00

.......Only problem you might have is finding the correct frame/mounting flange. .......

I've done swaps where I had to make an adapter plate between the new motor and machine. It still worked out to be less costly and faster than waiting on something to come from an obscure Asian manufacturer.

There was an airline that began leaking middle of movement, which caused the magazine mover to jam suddenly. The airline operates a cylinder which holds open the brakes on the magazine gears.
I need to replace the fitting for the airline to prevent this. But also I need to double check the reed switch is actually doing its job on the cylinder. If the reed switch is simply a PLC input, I think it would be better for it to operate a relay such that it would trip the contactor for the motor as well.

Back