What's new
What's new

Tool data table - Machine has lost track of what is where

picklefactory

Plastic
Hi folks
Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of where our Toyoda FH630S keeps the data for tool locations? It's a Fanuc 30i control. We had an issue last night where ATC bombed out, and somehow the machine is now totally confused on what tools are where. Reality is, T3 in spindle and T1 in the standby, BUT the machine thinks it has T4 in the spindle and T5 in the standby. Magazine is all correct in so far as real T4 and T5 are exactly where they should be in the magazine and all the pots are also correct with pot positions 1 and 3 being empty, it's just the control has lost itself. On a lot of other Fanucs I've used, it's a straight forward job to go find a setting page in various places and edit the data of what is in the spindle and the standby pot, but I've been hunting through every Toyoda/Fanuc manual I can lay my hands on today and cannot find where this damned machine stores the tool location data? I've gone through every screen on the panel too and cannot find any reference to it, I'm now thinking it my be a ladder job, maybe?
Any ideas folks?
Cheers

Not the answer to your question, or the "right" way to fix it - but certainly easier than getting into the ladder and tinkering:

Just remove tool 4 and 5 from the magazine, since it's going to want to put your actual tools 1 and 3 in there.

Do a tool change to T10, and load T11 into the ready pot.

Now just manually shuffle 1, 3, 4 and 5 back to where they are supposed to be by hand.

Not familiar with a Toyoda. This is not an uncommon problem when tool changers get crashed, stuck or whatever. I have had this happen on Mazak', Mori', damn near every machine out there with a tool changer can get this problem. Typically there is somewhere that you can edit what tool is in the spindle, pot etc. Definitely not a ladder situation. I would look through the manuals good and see if there is a section on tool changer crash or similar. Worse case scenario fire off an email to whoever does the service on that machine or right to Toyoda support.
While farting around with it I would reccomend emptying a couple of stations and use them to "test" with so that you arent dropping tools, or trying to put tools in occupied pots and damaging stuff.

~7 years ago while shopping new machines, the Toyoda I looked at (~300 tool magazine) used a 3rd party controller for the magazine/toolchanger and tool data was set in that controller. Any chance yours is setup like that?

Thanks for the replies folks.
I think my explanation leaves a little to be desired, I'll try and improve it if I can.
I can't do any of that.
This machine, like many others, has fixed position tooling, but the pots that hold the tools in the magazine migrate, and the pots swing out from the magazine into the standby position. So my problem is that the only two magazine positions that do not already contain a tool pot are 1 and 3. Now, I can remove the tool from the spindle and from the standby pot manually, but the machine still wants to swing the standby pot back into position 4 or 5 but those places are already occupied. There is no way of removing the pots from the magazine so I have to get the standby pot into magazine position 1 or 3. There is maintenance code to manually swing the standby pot back into the magazine, and I can manually position the magazine at the correct position but the machine refuses to action that M code, I believe because it doesn't accept the position is correct. It also won't allow an M6 either, so I'm stuck. I think I need to alter the tool data somehow as it won't let me do anything currently.
I hope that makes some sense...

I hate engineering!!!!

toolsteel
Thanks also. Editing the tool data is exactly what I'm looking for, and have done it many times myself on other Fanuc machines, Mori, Matsuura, Enshu etc, but I cannot find a setting page or data table on this beast to do it. I've crawled through every Toyoda manual we have all day, also through every Fanuc manual I can find and there is nothing. The Toyoda manuals are really minimal on info to be honest, far too thin and basic. We should have a Toyoda engineer in on Monday, but if I could get the damned thing running tomorrow, it would be a massive bonus.

On my 16m to get to the tool setting page I press OFFSET under the keypad and then soft key arrow right and press soft key [macro] then page down 3 or 4 times until the tool pot numbers are shown.

Every now and then if I hit reset during a tool change or call up T0 the machine loses the data so I have to manually remove the tools from the machine and call them up again. PITA but only wa y I have found to get the tools back in the right place.

Thanks Render, unfortunately I don't have that either.
However...... I am now more flummoxed than ever, as I came in this morning to find that our night shift guy has cleared it all, and I have no idea how, so it tells me I'm being an idiot somehow and missing something daft and obvious. I'll talk to him later and update.

Turn on G Data screen

Thanks Render, unfortunately I don't have that either.
However...... I am now more flummoxed than ever, as I came in this morning to find that our night shift guy has cleared it all, and I have no idea how, so it tells me I'm being an idiot somehow and missing something daft and obvious. I'll talk to him later and update.

Even though this is an old thread, I hope this can help someone.

On Fanuc 18i control, Keep Relay K900#7=0 (to see the G Data screen for tool changer data)
K900#7=1 (to turn the screen off)

bit #7 is the last one on the left. Bits are read from right to left (7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0)

Back