What's new

Tool Holder Funny for the Day

Rod Man

Aluminum
Is it me or is something wrong with this picture??? :crazy:

I just had to share this with everyone in case you haven't seen it. :D

Tool holder.jpg

Dale

Back in the day, I was the programmer... operator comes in and tells me my 5/32" EM program is giving a bad surface finish. I figured I better walk out and take a look. Everything looked good on the setup. EM length was sucked up tight, RPM and Feed looked good for that size EM. Fixture was solid. ER32 Collet holder. Started walking back to my office to figure out this mystery... when I paused and asked when we got 5/32" ER32 collets. Operator told me that we hadn't so he just shoved a 5/32 ER20 Collet into a 7/8" ER32 collet. Didn't work so good. Man I'm glad I don't have employees anymore... especially that one. He asked for a recommendation after he got fired. I told them that this employee will go far, the sooner he starts the better.

Had a guy that was a meth head... Found Jesus, married a nice church girl.. He was learning.. Learning his Algebra and
Trig.. He was even programming on his own... Fagor 8025, no help, he could do it (and that is not an easy control and not
the simplest programming language). Getting it pretty well on the Mazatrol and I was teaching his some Cad/Cam stuff..
He was doing really well, and he was excited about learning...

And then...

The day I figured he got back into meth was when he was setting tools and there were reamers in set screw holders.. A .172
reamer in a .250 set screw holder, and the few collet holders he did use... He put DA's in the ER's.

Up there to me that looks like an ISO or NMTB 40 friction welded into a BT30..

No need for safety glasses at that point since when the tool holder comes out its going to take out your whole face, glasses or not.

Saw that too. Seems about right for MSC doesn't it? There biggest claim to fame is they destroyed J&L and for round two the took out Enco.

I'm guessing it was probably a good strategic move on their part but man it...upsets me still.

In school I saw a student put a 1" drill in a Bridgeport and then call the instructor over to ask why it wasn't milling worth a damn.

I think it was the only time I ever saw him curse at a student.

Apparently these guys really make the rounds.
rofl_neu_test.gif

lol2_zpsahehlz7p.jpg

lol3_zpsuoinjwvq.jpg

lol4_zpsq9qjjngm.jpg

lol_zpsocv7rond.jpg

Aside from the fact the idiots have the wrong toolholder stuck in that poor mill, with no tool in the collet I might add, WTF do they think they are measuring with a tape measure?

Back