What's new
What's new

Toyoda FH630R loss of tools

tooltechtroy

Plastic
Our company has a Toyoda FH630R horizontal mill with a Fanuc 30i control. We have 5 other similar model mills with Fanuc 16, 18, or 31 controls. This one mill will lose what tools it has in the spindle and next quite often and the other mills haven't had this issue.
Whenever a tool life expires and the tool comes to the operator door from being in background edit, and the machine is resumed after the tool replacement, the machine will alarm out with tool time over. What is happening is the spindle tool and next tool will flash 44 and 16 or 0s during all tool changes but whenever the tool is brought up in background edit it will stay with these tools and alarm out in confusion. Our maintenance crew hasn't been able to pinpoint the cause. The only lead we've had is Data Tables D0202 and D0206 show the value of the tool numbers it flashes to on tool changes. These have been changed and did not solve the problem.
Has anyone had this problem or know of some solution or where to start looking next to resolve this issue?

Contact Toyoda

Our company has a Toyoda FH630R horizontal mill with a Fanuc 30i control. We have 5 other similar model mills with Fanuc 16, 18, or 31 controls. This one mill will lose what tools it has in the spindle and next quite often and the other mills haven't had this issue.
Whenever a tool life expires and the tool comes to the operator door from being in background edit, and the machine is resumed after the tool replacement, the machine will alarm out with tool time over. What is happening is the spindle tool and next tool will flash 44 and 16 or 0s during all tool changes but whenever the tool is brought up in background edit it will stay with these tools and alarm out in confusion. Our maintenance crew hasn't been able to pinpoint the cause. The only lead we've had is Data Tables D0202 and D0206 show the value of the tool numbers it flashes to on tool changes. These have been changed and did not solve the problem.
Has anyone had this problem or know of some solution or where to start looking next to resolve this issue?
I would recommend contacting Toyoda, and have them verify that your ladders and MTB macros are all up to date.
We had a similar issue on some rebuilt/reconditioned machines (by Toyoda factory).
They will be very reluctant to check this, but that was the issue.
Machines were installed about a year ago, and problem showed up about a month or so into production.
After about a month of their service people scratching their heads, they finally checked on these.
Since they loaded all of the latest software, there has not been an issue.

Hate to bump, but is it an older machine? The last place I worked at had one with the same issue, we ended up just not relying on the atc at all and manually loaded tools or something like that. Was a pretty jank solution.

Back